°•~74~•°

•[I Love You Too]•

Y/N gave Ukai a hug before grabbing a chip from the rack. "See you later."

"Wait." Ukai quickly says, stopping her in her tracks. Y/N glanced back at him and he made his way to the back.

"Hold on." He says before disappearing to the back. Y/N went down the candy aisle and got Suna a pack of Pokey. She remembered how much he got the last time they were here.

Ukai came back out and Y/N went back to the front. He smiled and cleared his throat.

"What are you up to?" She asks giving him a once over.

"Even if you are stubborn sometimes and like trouble." He begins.

"Oh no."

"You still have a good heart. You're smart and you know how to stick up for yourself."

"Why are you telling me all of this? Did I do something wrong?"

Ukai grinned, showing his hands. Y/N glanced down to see a small wrapped box in his hands.

"Happy birthday, Y/N."

She stared at it. She completely forgot. How could she forget her own birthday? Y/N nearly cried but bit back the tears. Now that she's thought about it...this is the first time in many years since he's gotten something for her on her birthday.

Ukai set the box on the counter and walked around to the other side. Once he got out he went up to Y/N and hugged her.

She dropped the items she held in her hands and hugged him back tightly.

"I didn't want it to be awkward by throwing a party. We're still in our early stages of getting closer." He explains silently.

"Happy birthday princess."

Y/N couldn't help it then. That line alone made her cry. "Thank you." She responds quietly. "Thank you so much."

The both of them held each other in comfort and in silence. Y/N longed for this. Y/N broke the hug and wiped her eyes. She chuckled a bit.

"Sorry if I over did it."

"Not at all kid. Not at all." He grins. Y/N retrieved the snacks from the floor and Ukai passed her the box again.

"I know you'll love it. Next year I'm going all out for your birthday. I might even wear a clown suit."

She laughed. "Anything but a clown suit." They shared another laugh before she settled down to silence once more.

"Thank you, uncle Ukai." She says taking the gift from his hands. She can only wonder what it is.

"Anything for you soldier."

Y/N attacked him with another hug and Ukai felt like exploding from cuteness overload.

"Wait, why didn't you give me this earlier?" She asks.

"We were having too much fun and I didn't want to ruin it. And I figured you forgot since you didn't mention it. Besides...why do you think I wanted to spend all day with you?" He mutters.

"It's okay. I'm just glad I had fun today. I'll cherish this."

"And many more." He adds.

"W-well I have to go. I told Suna I was ready about five minutes ago." She informs. He exhales, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Oh that's fine. It's getting late anyways."

Y/N walked off, waving him bye for now.

"Love you!" He shouts.