°•~111~•°

•[Kuroo]•

Kenma rubbed her hand back and forth as he thought about everything she told him about the fire. To be honest he's tired.

All he wants to do is sleep beside her and rest without worry. Just how things were last time.

Kenma gave her a kiss on the forehead as she slept.

"We'll figure it out."

Soon morning came. Y/N rose her head, stretching before she relaxed herself. She glanced around seeing that their at the cabin.

The fire is going and an arm is wrapped around her. Y/N turned around to see Kenma sound asleep.

She checked his temperature with the back of her hand. He's warm now. She's glad that he's getting better. The only thing that needs to heal are his bullet wounds and he'd be good to go.

She sat up, making sure not to wake him as yet. She stood from the floor, cracking her back in process. She wanted to sleep in the room but Kenma insisted that the floor is better for him and how it's closer to the fire.

She couldn't argue with him. He's sick, for one and second it's not a big deal. Y/N searched for soup but found none.

She checked every cupboard and came up nothing.

"Oh gee." The only thing left is porridge. "Well, it's the next best thing."

She washed up first before heading back to make the meal for him. She should've stayed after their first date. Things would have been avoided if she had just stayed close to him.

However...she also wanted to see Ukai. Speaking of him.

Y/N paused her cooking duties to call him. She stood by the front door, looking out the window. She saw the coat of snow on the ground and wondered which time it had snowed.

Ukai picked up.

"Hello?"

"Morning, dad."

"Oh, Y/N. Good morning. I hope you slept well."

"Yeah, I didn't know when I fell asleep though. Guess I was tired without realizing it." She explains.

"That's okay. As long as you're safe."

She went back to the kitchen.

"How's the kid?"

She glanced at Kenma who's still sound asleep. He looks so peaceful. So peaceful that it made her heart jump.

"His fever went down, so he's getting better."

Y/N went back to the kitchen. Looking at the water she placed to boil.

"That's good."

There was silence. A comfortable, but a bit awkward, kind of silence. Y/N wondered about what Kita told her about Kenma's parents.

That means that Kita knows something she don't. No, everyone knows something she doesn't. What kind of case was this anyways?

Did he kill someone? Steal something? What kind of case was this that lead him to the death penalty at just the age of sixteen?