[99]

Chapter Ninety-Nine[34k+ words]

Chapter Ninety-Nine
[34k+ words]

Chapter Ninety-Nine[34k+ words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

"I see your powers have not waned at all," Abraxas said fiercely with a sneer, playing with a feather he plucked off Charis' wings before ripping it with his teeth. He widened his silver eyes mischievously, "But neither did mine."

They almost fell back from the air-shaking pounces and in the distance, a jet of green light struck from the skies: Jimin clutched his chest as he loudly cried out in pain and Phyton wailed in terror. Yuna feared what else they lost as she helplessly held him, another tear falling down her cheek.

Voldemort let out a jeering laugh that echoed into the night. Joong Gi's hostility on the other hand did not make the Artifacts falter the least, but when they saw Zil fall before their eyes, they froze with horror.

She held Jimin tighter in arms and thought of Zil. She didn't want to shed more tears but he was in pain too, there was no way hers could compare. She just didn't want to see them all in pain.

Could I have saved anyone, really?

Charis grumbled in agony when he sensed the sudden blow of loss, before his wings molted in a second and he swore wrathfully:

If I could've just helped him,

"YOUR LAST INCARNATION WILL END HERE!"

maybe none of these —?

Yuna heard the same seance again. The clouds rumbled, the same garnet red colours and sapphire mixing as clouds slowly drifted away. Several of them turned their heads to the skies except for Charis and Abraxas. An overbearing presence was falling all over them.

•••

"Are you still alive?"

Huh?