[14]

Chapter Fourteen[2

Chapter Fourteen
[2.5k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

Silence fell over the crowd, starting from the front. The portrait of the lady at their house door had been slashed viciously that strips of the canvas littered the floor and great chunks of it had been torn away completely.

Lupin took a sombre look at the ruined painting and turned to the other professors that hurried towards them.

"We need to find the lady in the painting," said Lupin. "Professor McGonagall, please call Mr.Filch and tell him to search every painting in the castle for the Lady."

"Why is our house's password painting-door brought here to the Slytherins' though?" Seokjin said confusedly. "Did someone forcefully move it?"

"You'll be lucky!" said a cackling voice. It was Peeves the Poltergeist, bobbing over the crowd looking delighted. He always did, even at the sight of wreckage or worry.

"What do you mean, Peeves?" Lupin, Jimin, and Yoongi asked at once.

The ghost's grin faded rather quickly then, he didn't want to taunt the Lupin and the Slytherin prince, and especially the other Slytherin.

"Um, she's just ashamed and afraid to be seen right now. A horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, dodging between the trees and crying something dreadful." he told happily then added, "Poor thing."

"Did she say who did it?" the professors asked.

"Oh yes," said Peeves, with the air of one cradling a large bombshell in his arms. "He got very furious when she wouldn't help him in, you see. How could she though, she doesn't know the Slytherin's common room password." he flipped over and grinned, "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black."

Everyone began murmuring to themselves at the mention of the name. Yuna frowned slightly to herself. The name felt familiar. She had heard it somewhere. Taehyung was still looking down at the portrait's frames laid against the dungeon's stone walls. 

"The man moved the painting here just to get inside yall's area?" Seokjin grimaced, walking up to them with a solemn air as he crossed his arms on his chest.

Yuna looked back at the ruined portrait, "He was trying to enter our common room?"

"Seems like it." Yoongi scratched the back of his neck, an annoyed expression painted on his face.

Hogwarts didn't seem that secure, all of a sudden, considering the dementors and now this strange incident. The professors were still discussing while some students stood around, still whispering pale-facedly among themselves. Seokjin had gone back to his Gryffindormates to talk to them, then they would get ready to move back the painting. The crowded gaps loosened a little, then the four of them Slytherins felt like they wanted to check out the scene up-close.

Jimin tilted his head slightly when he stared at the torn portrait.

"The way this was torn... Was it really by a human hand?" he muttered uncertainly, his finger tracing the edges of the hanging paper.