[52]

Chapter Fifty-two[4

Chapter Fifty-two
[4.2k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

The crowd had noises and Bangtan was standing out with their large supportive banners. He chuckled softly before turning.

And there was the Horntail, at the other end of the enclosure, crouched low over her clutch of eggs, her wings half-furled, her evil, yellow eyes upon him, a monstrous, scaly, black lizard, thrashing her spiked tail, leaving yard-long gouge marks in the hard ground.

The cold winds blew softly his midnight-blue bangs, running through it in stead of his fingers that were firm in his fist.

It was time to do what he has to do.

He raised his wand.

"Accio Firebolt!" he shouted. As expected, it would take a long time before it reaches him because the broomstick was far away, then he heard it, speeding through the air behind him; he turned and saw his Firebolt hurtling toward him around the edge of the woods, soaring into the enclosure, and stopping dead in midair beside him, waiting for him to mount. The crowd was making even more noise and Bagman was shouting something but Jimin's focus was completely on the task.

He swung his leg over the broom and kicked off from the ground. As he soared upward, as the wind rushed through his hair, as the crowd's faces became mere flesh-coloured pinpricks below, and the Horntail shrank to the size of a dog, he realized that he had left not only the ground behind, but also his cold feet.  He was back where he belonged. This was just another Quidditch match to him. And that Horntail was just another opposing team. He looked down at the clutch of eggs and spotted the gold one,
gleaming against its cement-coloured fellows, residing safely between the dragon's front legs.

"Okay," Jimin told himself, "diversionary tactics. Let's go."

He dived. The Horntail's head followed him; he knew what it was going to do and pulled out of the dive just in time; a jet of fire had been released exactly where he would have been had he not swerved away. It's a small matter to Jimin, he was merely dodging a bludger.

"Great Scott, he can fly!" yelled Bagman as the crowd shrieked and gasped. "Are you watching this, Mr. Krum?"

Jimin had a calm aura and a smirk with him as he soared higher in a circle; the Horntail was still following him.

Namjoon and most spectators gasped, "The dragon's gonna breath fire again —"

Jimin swiftly dodged the fire but quite unfortunately the dragon's tail whipped at him and he could hear the spectators shrieking. He felt the stinging. One of the long spikes from the Horntail grazed his shoulder and ripped off a part of his robes, exposing the part on his body that had the snake tattoos. He would never allow a cut that wasn't even deep to lag him, of course — from afar, they couldn't see that it was Phyton's hard scales that protected his skin.