[04]

Chapter Four[4

Chapter Four
[4.3k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

The hallways and corridors were so quiet that hearing her own footsteps made it sound like she was walking briskly. Calmly, Yuna twisted the door handle.

"Enter." Bang said and she closed the door behind her.

"Um, why did you wish to see me?" she asked, walking forward courteously out of nervousness but when she saw his small smile, she calmed down.

"We'll get down to business slowly..." he put away the book in his hand and placed in back between the shelves, then turned to her serenely.

"So, how was your first day?" he asked nicely. His tone was friendly and bright, like how a father would ask his child how their day went.

"It's... peaceful here." she replied with a small smile. She was just thankful that Bang took her in.

"Told you it'd be nice. Got any friends yet?" he said, looking at her expectantly through his moonlight spectacles.

"...Seven of them. They've been very nice and welcoming. They seem fun too." she replied with a slightly bigger smile, a fond look painting over her features. " Bang could already guess which group of seven this was. "That being said, I had a question..."

Bang gestured her to go on.

"Do the other professors know how you found me?" she asked, hoping Bang made it sound less out of the ordinary to them. Maybe not, since one professor already seemed very different toward her. 

"Yes, I told them. I hope you don't mind... But I do apologize for what has spread wrongly." he replied with a soft sigh and Yuna kept quiet. He continued, "My turn now to ask."

He gave her some newspapers about the cases of dementors without waving a wand.

"Do you need my help for investigation?" she caught on, pursing her lips as she gently put down the papers.

It was silent for a several seconds.

"I'm sorry though, they just all appear out of nowhere. I wouldn't know anything." she sighed apologetically, returning his calm gaze.

"How many households have you lived with, if it's not too privy of me to ask?" Bang inquired as he fixed his monocles.

"Why do you ask that?" she asked but he only gave her the same calm look. She had to answer. It wasn't that she didn't want to remember... she couldn't remember much of her own upbringings.

She wondered if he had already gotten some information from viewing her identity records from the normal, muggle world.

"Can you tell?"

"Maybe six families?" she said.

It wasn't like she was ashamed of it because she had already accepted what was, a child with strange powers but no matter how much she took it in, she would still feel uncomfortable talking about it. Maybe after being in Hogwarts for a bit longer, she would begin to take it as the normalcy it was here.