[09]

Chapter Nine[3

Chapter Nine
[3.8k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

Namjoon opened the door first, wary. None of them let their guards down. They felt thin air from the stone passageway.

"This way, I guess."

They went, as it was the only path to go on. They each heard their footsteps except Jimin's estinto footsteps.

Yuna looked at Jimin's feet, curiously listening. "Jimin doesn't make a sound when he walks?"

"I think I picked it up from my stealth training." Jimin said.

"Why would you need that...?" Seokjin wondered at the younger one, giving him a weird look.

"Many reasons, Jin-hyung." even the gentle drips of water within the walls around them were louder than his steps.

"You really are quite unique." she hummed absentmindedly, gazing at him from the side. "I've never heard professors mention stealth and they aren't in the textbooks so I'm guessing you chose to pick it up yourself?"

"It's just to back us up against the real world out there just in case." Jimin said rather thoughtfully as they walked on in the dimness, then his tone was more casual. "Wizards might have magic that make good offense or defence but who knows if we might need sneakiness instead? So we don't have to go to court or something when caught. In the process of uhh, whatever mischief we might be doing."

"I can tell he's learned from the past, a bit." Yoongi said. Hoseok stared at his hyung with a somewhat dumbfounded look.

"Because I'm saying decently wise stuffs?" Jimin laughed.

"What does Yoongi mean?" Yuna turned around blankly.

"Don't worry about it." Taehyung smiled and she supposed he was indirectly telling her to forget the topic.

"Just think of it like this, it's so we can be thiefs and not be caught or something." Seokjin whispered from over their shoulders.

"Hmm, okay." she just nodded, half the reason being Jimin's calmness beside her. Maybe she doesn't have to dwell on it for now.

"But when you think of it..." Hoseok mumbled.

"Stealth doesn't help even a little then. Our blasts were loud back then, not our steps." Jungkook frowned a little. Namjoon just walked in the lead without minding their casual conversation behind him, squinting ahead in the passageway.

Jimin shrugged, "Honestly, you're right but it's a cool —"

"Do yall hear something?" Namjoon stopped all of a sudden and the rest of them bumped into each other's shoulders like a domino. After a series of huffs and oofs, they quietened.

They could hear sounds of what it kind of sounded like, wings.

"It sounds like... wings." said Yoongi first.

"...and keys?" Taehyung listened. Soft clinkings and rustlings sounds came from ahead and there was light in front.

They got to the end of the passageway and what they saw was a brilliantly lit chamber, its ceiling high in the skies, making Yuna wonder how deep and big Hogwarts really was. There were jewel-bright birds, or dragonflies above them fluttering around the room.

"It's a wooden door." Jungkook said, approaching the heavy-looking door on the other side of the room.

"And it's locked." Yuna sighed. They looked up.

"Alohomora." Namjoon attempted to unlock the door with a door-opening spell, but the metal didn't even budge.

"It doesn't work?" Hoseok blinked.