[30]

Chapter Thirty[3

Chapter Thirty
[3.1k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

"We got exactly ten minutes to get back down to the hospital wing without anybody seeing us — before Bang locks the door —"

"Okay," said Jimin, wrenching his gaze from the sky, "let's go."

They saw the others rushing to the castle and started standing on their toes, "They are almost here too, all right we'll be fine, we will!"

They slipped through the doorway behind them and down a tightly spiralling stone staircase. As
they reached the bottom of it, they heard voices. They flattened themselves against the wall and listened. It sounded like Fudge and Snape. They were walking quickly along the corridor at the foot of the staircase.

Jimin clenched his teeth. He caught a glimpse of Snape's smirk as he and Fudge passed their
and hiding place. Their footsteps died away. Namjoon gestured them to wait a few moments to make sure they were really gone, then started to run in the opposite direction.

Down one staircase, then another, along a new corridor — then they heard a cackling ahead.

"Peeves," Yoongi muttered, then the older ones grabbed Jimin and Jungkook.

"In here."

They tore into a deserted classroom to their left just in time. Peeves seemed to be bouncing along the corridor in boisterous good spirits, laughing his head off.

"Oh, he's annoying," whispered Yoongi, his ear to the door.

"I bet he was all excited because the Dementors are going to finish off Sirius." Namjoon checked his watch. "Three minutes... Are the others here yet?"

They waited until Peeves's gloating voice had faded into the distance, then slid back out of the room and broke into a run again.

"Namjoon-hyung, what happens if we don't get back inside before Bang locks the door?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't wanna think about it." said Namjoon.

"Three minutes..." Jimin gulped silently.

Fortunately, they had reached the end of the corridor with the hospital wing entrance.

"Good, one minute —" they skidded to a halt panting slightly.

"Did yall get Sirius safe?" asked Seokjin breathlessly.

"Yeah —" Jungkook and Jimin nodded. "How about yall? About Lucas?"

Taehyung, Hoseok and Taehyung hesitated and looked at each other, jaws closed. They weren't sure if Yuna would —

"We didn't, but it's fine. We didn't really waste anything." she said.

"I see, at least you guys are safe and sound." Jimin said. Namjoon nervously looked at his watch.