[15]

Chapter Fifteen[3

Chapter Fifteen
[3.3k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

The bell rang at last. Snape's class ended as usual, with students coming out like they were told that they had fifteen essays of homework due by tomorrow.

"Geez, that was taxing." Yuna groaned under her breath, feeling more liberated than ever after walking out of Snape's class.

"Deadass." Jimin rolled his eyes, all of them staring at Snape's shrinking back.

"Oh, that was the longest 40 seconds of my life, waiting for the bell to ring." Yoongi added explicitly.

"Am I the only one who noticed that Snape seems to have it in for Lupin? He's never like that to other professors." Taehyung said as they walked along the hallway.

•••

Jimin looked wildly around. Jungkook was pelting up the field, and a tiny speck of gold
was shimmering in the rain-filled air between them.

With a jolt of panic, Jimin threw himself flat to the broom handle and zoomed toward the Snitch.

Come on, he grew impatient at his Nimbus as the rain whipped his face. Faster! But something odd was happening. An eerie silence was falling across the stadium. The wind, though as strong as ever, was forgetting to roar. It was as though someone had turned off the sound, as though he had gone suddenly deaf — what was going on?

And then a horribly familiar wave of cold swept over him, inside him, just as he became aware of something moving on the field below.
Before he'd had time to think, he had taken his eyes off the Snitch and looked down. At least a hundred Dementors, their hidden faces pointing up at him, were standing beneath him. It was as though freezing water were rising in his chest, cutting at his insides. And then he heard it. Someone was screaming, screaming inside his head. A woman.

In a lonely, dark forest and as far away from the neighbourhood where the moonlight was as scarce. Only jet green lights flashed inconsistently from ahead and the thick shrubs.

"Not Jimin, not Jimin, please, not him —!"

"Stand aside, you silly woman. Stand aside,  now."

"Not Jimin, please no, take me, kill me instead — "

"Mom —!" the little Jimin felt a surge of warmth and protection within him but...

Numbing, swirling white mist was filling Jimin's brain. What was he doing? Why was he flying? He needed to help her. She was going to die. She was going to be murdered. He was falling, falling through the icy mist.

"Not my son! Please, have mercy! Have mercy..."

A shrill voice was laughing, the woman, his mother was screaming, and Jimin knew no more. Dementors reminded him of his deepest sanctum of memories.

"MOM!" he cried.

"Jimin, wake up!"  He heard Taehyung, Jungkook and Hoseok.

What?

He slowly opened his eyes. Sweat dripping his face and his friends all looked at him with worry.