[74]

Chapter Seventy-four[8

[8.5k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

"WHAT? WE HAVE TO KILL VOLDEMORT RIGHT HERE AND NOW!" Jimin scowled.

"Yah, that kind of reasoning —" Yuna was taken aback but did not stutter her next words, "Jimin, you know that's not what we were here for —"

But then her eyes widened. Jimin did not realize that Voldemort had taken aim at his back.

"LOOK OUT!" she scrambled to her knees, her back pain searing with pain again.

She would not make it in time to block it for him even if she had no injuries slowing her down unless she had godspeed, or a miracle would happen...

"AVADA KEDAV —"

•••

Jimin's mind was blank, his wand pointing uselessly at the floor. There was a silence —
but the headless golden statue of the wizard in the fountain had sprung alive, leaping from its plinth, and landed on the floor with a crash between Jimin and Voldemort. The spell merely glanced off its chest as the statue flung out its arms, protecting him.

"What —?" said Voldemort, staring around. And then he breathed, "Bang!"

Jimin and Yuna looked behind, their hearts pounding. Bang was standing in front of the golden gates. Voldemort raised his wand and sent another jet of green light at Bang who effortlessly deflected it. The jet of green light had destroyed another black door nearby. Yuna had returned to the situation at hand and rushed to Jimin.

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom." said Bang calmly. "The Aurors are on their way..."

"By which time I shall be gone, and you dead!" spat Voldemort. He sent another Killing Curse at Bang but missed, instead hitting the security guards desk, which burst into flame.

Bang flicked his own wand. The force of the spell that emanated from it was such that Jimin and Yuna, though shielded by the basilisk's body, felt their hair stand on end and blew back as it passed, and this time Voldemort was forced to conjure a shining silver shield out of thin air to deflect it. The spell, whatever it was, caused no visible damage to the shield, though a deep, gonglike note reverberated from it, an oddly chilling sound.

"Yuna, how did your spell not affect Voldemort?" Jimin whispered as they took shelter behind Phyton and Zil's unmoving bodies, "And the snake...?"

He had just recalled his basilisks saying that Voldemort bluffed about something.

"I have no idea..." she replied quietly as though she preferred to not be heard.

She did not like losing an advantage. It felt like being told a rule you did not know of when you were half-way in a game. She did not want to think of it. She considered herself rather capable with her Blueside powers in her blood. It felt like a big margin of her strength was suddenly useless even if she did still have her wizardry knowledge and spells, "He was mocking us... he knew all along my lightning wouldn't work on him."