[28]

Chapter Twenty-eight[2

[2.6k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

"We've got to fly Buckbeak up to the window and rescue Sirius, and then Sirius can escape on Buckbeak - they can escape together!" they all said in whispering tones.

It would be a miracle. All they have to do is not be seen by anyone.

Jimin stood up and pressed his ear against the door, "Doesn't sound like anyone's there anymore."

"Come on, let's go now." Taehyung pushed open the closet door.

The entrance hall was deserted. As quietly and quickly as they could, they darted out of the closet and down the stone steps. The shadows were already lengthening, the tops of the trees in the Forbidden Forest gilded once more with gold.

"If anyone's looking out of the window -" Yuna said, looking up at the castle behind them.

"We'll run for it." said Namjoon determinedly.

They nodded, "Straight into the forest, all right? We'll have to hide behind a tree or something and keep a lookout -"

"Okay, but we'll go around by the greenhouses." said Yoongi.

"We need to keep out of sight of Hagrid's front door, or the us from this time will see us. Yall must be nearly at Hagrid's by now." Seokjin added.

Still working out what they meant, the rest followed and set off at a sprint, Namjoon behind them. They tore across the vegetable gardens to the greenhouses, paused for a moment behind them, then set off again, fast as they could, skirting around the Whomping Willow, tearing toward the shelter of the forest. 

Safe in the shadows of the trees, they turned around; seconds later, Namjoon arrived beside them, panting slightly.

"Right," he nodded to himself. "We need to sneak over to Hagrid's. Stay out of sight, yall."

They made their way silently through the trees, keeping to the very edge of the forest. Then, as
they glimpsed the front of Hagrid's house, they heard a knock upon his door. They moved
quickly behind a wide oak trunk and peered out from either side. Hagrid had appeared in his
doorway, shaking and white, looking around to see who had knocked. And they heard their own voices.

Their selves in this time were entering Hagrid's place.

"Move, we need to get closer to Buckbeak." Namjoon whispered.

They crept through the trees until they saw the nervous Hippogriff, tethered to the fence around Hagrid's pumpkin patch.

"Now?" Jimin whispered.

"No, not yet." said Namjoon. "If we steal him now, those Committee people will think Hagrid set him free. We have to wait until they've seen that Buckbeak is tied outside."