[20]

Chapter Twenty[3

Chapter Twenty
[3.3k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

Night had fallen and everyone was fast asleep, except for Yuna who was still awake. The moon shone beautifully outside through the paneless windows beside the beds, ans the sounds of the distant great lake's gentle waves could be heard if you listen hard enough. Once again, Yuna felt deep gratitude for having such a new place to sleep under, where moonlight that reached her didn't feel so condescending at her failures to break off shackles of dark magic, and instead gently laced her skin.

She had the Marauder's Map with her, stirring quietly under her blanket after realizing she had been spacing out at the view alone.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." she waved her wand. The inks appeared.

She was only messing around to check the map's functions at first, just as fascinated as she was the first time at what piece of magic could have created it when she saw a certain name move in the corridors around their Slytherin dungeons.

"That's impossible — no way he's here, no way," she was sure it read Lucas. The Lucas who everyone believed to be someone deceased. Then she lost sight of it at the tower. "crap, wait —"

She groaned quietly as the moment she was about to step out of her bed, the name disappeared. She felt a shiver in her spine, one that wasn't just because it felt like seeing a ghost but also the sheer realization that an old devotee of Voldemort whom she had met personally in the past was so close. A horror from the past was so close.

Yuna swallowed silently.

•••

She excluded the part where she felt old fear almost getting to her.

"You saw Lucas' name?" Namjoon eyed her with disbelief.

"Yeah but we know he's dead. I know." she sighed, mopping her face on the table.

Jimin saw Taehyung coming and he instinctively moved to take the seat next to Yuna first before Taehyung. There was a weird silence that came through until Seokjin told Taehyung to sit beside him.

"Right, hey everyone." Taehyung coughed quietly to himself.

"Are you all right, Taehyung?" Hoseok asked. He had been worried for him since the Quidditch match.

Taehyung seemed less cheerful since then, unbeknownst to himself.

"I thought I was the only one who noticed that Taehyungie seemed very off since the match." Jungkook mused.

"Did the Dementors actually affect you?" Yoongi asked, concerned. A few of them had similarly been looking out for him.

Taehyung shook his head and gave them an empty smile. It was not that. Yuna felt his gaze on her, and Jimin's.