[86]

Chapter Eighty-six[9400+ words]

Chapter Eighty-six
[9400+ words]

Chapter Eighty-six[9400+ words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

Was the place alive? Did the ritual site grow older by any chance -?

Taehyung halted.

"Since when were there moss here?"

The candles whistled silently and she felt her hair being blown gently as they looked around. She swallowed calmly.

They heard voices.

"Did you hear that?" they asked simultaneously with eyes widened. Wary, they both sprinted out of the circle, the candles suddenly wiped themselves out.

Her heartbeat was pounding fastly the moment she couldn't see anything - she lost her sense of hearing and awareness as she anxiously spun around. She has no idea what happened, the pitch-black darkness made it seem as though she had always been there alone.

"T-Taehyung? Where are you? Please -?"

Yuna tried to run forward but she couldn't move. She felt something over her shoulders but no matter how hard she willed to herself inside to move, she couldn't.

What the hell, move, you could move when you were here last year!

She grunted quietly, feeling her feet stuck in place by invisible cobblestones.

"Taehyung!" she finally moved.

The difference was that she felt alone.

She lost strength in her legs and it reminded her of the past. She had always been confident in a bright room.

She felt as if she had temporarily shrivelled back into a shell of cowardice. She heard sounds of metals striking and chains clanking softly like a whisper behind her back - voices again. She tried to hold onto the moments she had with her friends, bright memories, that she was not alone and that all this was merely an illusion meant to throw her into a blue funk or appal her yet something kept her on the ground, knowing she shouldn't.