[59]

Chapter Fifty-nine[5

Chapter Fifty-nine
[5.5k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

"My dears," said Professor Trelawney, sitting down in her winged armchair in front of the class and peering around at them all with her strangely enlarged eyes, "we have almost finished our work on planetary divination. Today, however, will be an excellent opportunity to examine the effects of Mars, for he is placed most interestingly at the present time. If you will all look this way, I will dim the lights..."

She waved her wand and the lamps went out. The fire was the only source of light now. Professor Trelawney bent down and lifted, from under her chair, a miniature model of the solar system, contained within a glass dome. It was a beautiful thing; each of the moons glimmered in place around the nine planets and the fiery sun, all of them hanging in thin air beneath the glass.

Jimin watched lazily as Professor Trelawney began to point out the fascinating angle Mars was making to Neptune.

The heavily perfumed fumes washed over him, and the breeze from the window played across his face. His eyelids began to droop. He was riding on the back of an eagle owl, soaring through the clear blue sky toward an old, ivy-covered house set high on a hillside. Lower and lower they flew, the wind blowing pleasantly in Jimin's face, until they reached a dark and broken window in the upper story of the house and entered. Now they were flying along a gloomy passageway, to a room at the very end... through the door they went, into a dark room whose windows were boarded up.
Jimim had left the owl's back. He was watching, now, as it fluttered across the room, into a chair with its back to him. There were two dark shapes on the floor beside the chair. Both of them were stirring. One was a huge snake. The other was Lucas' lifeless body.

"You were very fortunate indeed. Your blunder has not ruined everything. But... Nice to see you die."

"Nagini," said the cold voice, "I will be
feeding Wormtail to you. Save space for Park Jimin."

The snake, which Voldemort called Nagini, swallowed Lucas. An eerie whisper filled Jimin's ears as the scar on his tattoos seared with pain; he was yelling too. Voldemort would hear him, would know he was there —

"Jimin! Jimin!"

Jimin opened his eyes. He was lying on the floor of Professor Trelawney's room with his hands over his face. His tattoos was still burning so badly that his eyes were watering. The pain had been real. The whole class was standing around him, and Yuna was kneeling next to him, looking terrified and concerned.

"Yah, are you all right? What happened?" she asked solicitously.

"I'm all right," Jimin lied quickly.

"Of course you aren't!" said Professor Trelawney, looking thoroughly excited. Her great eyes loomed over Jimin, gazing at him. "What was it, Jimin? A premonition? An apparition? What did you see?"

"Nothing," Jimin lied.

He sat up. He could feel himself shaking. He couldn't stop himself from looking around, into the shadows behind him; Voldemort's voice had sounded so close.

"You were clutching your tattoos," whispered Yuna softly in contrast to Professor Trelawney.