[67]

Chapter Sixty-seven[7

Chapter Sixty-seven
[7.9k+ words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

He realized it was no longer the normal forest he knew and not the forest he had entered for sure. No such forest existed in Seoul... He shook his head vigorously. He hoped it was only his drowsiness getting to him but no, he was actually lost in a brand new forest. There were colourful vines twining the moss-covered tree trunks, some were purely bloodied while some was ranging from dark blue to dark green. It was too silent. There were chirpings but no birds. There were fireflies but no flies. At first sight, the forest didn't seem very sinister.

Taehyung didn't know where he was going or why he was so curious to go deeper into the forest but little did he know he was being lured into a dangerous forest where mystical beings and beasts like himself nested.

•••

He looked back and forth from where he came from and the forest ahead. The corpses of the enemies he subdued were no more. Not even a trace of them on the ground. No stains of blood in the grass or on the ground. They disappeared, or had he disappeared into another realm?

"What is happening? What is this forest?" he heard himself say. He was expecting an echo but it was silent. The air around him seemed windy but there was no wind.

He looked up in an attempt to get a glimpse of the sky, but the tree leaves were too thick. He exhaled then began slowly climbing up the tree.

The eerie mist that permeated the air decreased as he climbed higher. So there is an end, Taehyung thought to himself.

Phew.

The wind blew on his face and dried lips. All he could see was only acres of the same scenery. Thick tree leaves covering the forest, flattening it and it would appear just like grass from afar. He shuddered as his lips felt a gentle graze of the wind.

And that was when he knew, he really could be a lost cause.

•••

On the other side, the train from King's Cross had abruptly stopped. The train reeled or it felt as though time had stopped. Yuna was the fastest to feel the unnatural coldness entering the vicinity.

"Dementors," she muttered to herself. The others had caught on as well.

There were some students who came out of their compartment seeing Jimin and his friends rushing somewhere almost frantically.

"Hey, what's the matter dears?" the cart lady asked them.

Suddenly vapour started to cover the train and the compartments began to curiously look and ask around. They felt a shrilly coolness but didn't know where it came from.