[44]

Chapter Forty-four[4

Chapter Forty-four
[4.9k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

It seemed like the usual lively atmosphere had found itself again around their friend group in no time. They all could go to classes like normal and there wasn't much going on to be worried about ever since the chaos they got past one week ago.

"Oh, so you guys are finally dating!" Dawon said merrily, looking very excited as she scooted over.

"Yeah — wait, 'finally'?" Yuna blinked, her giggle stopping for a second. The wizards and witches gathered around their table just nodded at her.

The Great Hall was as lively as ever but at the same time, with the amount of Daily Prophet News going around, there was suddenly a certain degree of seriousness in the air.

"Yeah, we could see that you and Jimin were extremely close and too close sometimes. It was just a matter of time," Dawon hummed as she handed over to Neville some money.

Yuna's eyes rounded as she looked around the table.

"Yah? Hold on now, you guys were betting on WHAT exactly —"

"I gambled that yall would be together AFTER the Triwizard Tournament. Maybe my calculation was a bit off." Fee then said, passing her money as well with a long mumble, "My money..."

"Neville, thanks for having faith in us, I guess." Yuna sighed softly and sunk into her chair with a half-hearted laugh, "I guess it's true that I've been the slow one after all."

"You know what's funny though? Despite that, we all just knew you guys would end up together. Like there was no doubt about that." Fee giggled, shoving her playfully by the shoulder.

Yuna blushed. The idea that most of their acquaintances were into it as well meant that they have indeed been intimate without really showing much before this, but as friends. And now they were in a relationship.

"I feel so lucky though, I still feel so surprised and grateful that he actually likes me back." she     said, loud enough for her friends to burst into more playful teases. "A-ALL RIGHT STOP —"

A little basilisk softly slithering onto her left shoulder was probably the only thing that could pause them for a moment. After blinking at Zil, Yuna knew instantly where to look.

She felt a rather seductive stare from the corner of her eyes and knew it was Jimin. He smiled upon their eyes meeting, standing by the great hall's entrance. She got up and stacked her books before going with her boyfriend to the next class together.

"Seems like the whole school knows about it now." she laughed it off. She found the publicity pretty nice.

"Better that way," he nodded relaxedly with a little smirk.