[16]

Chapter Sixteen[3

Chapter Sixteen
[3.7k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

"I knew," said Taehyung impassively.

The match started.

The weather was really bad aside from risks of Dementors and worry was plastered on Yuna's face as she watched the game focusedly.

"I didn't know Taehyung could play too." Dawon said.

"Hm, same. But I heard from Yoongi that Jimin trusts him a lot." Yuna recalled. She kept glancing at the dark skies and mists, worried about Dementors interrupting, appearing out of the thick air and if she won't realize.

Within five minutes Taehyung was soaked to his skin, hardly able to see his teammates. Let alone the tiny Snitch. The weather was worse than expected. He flew backward and forward across the field past blurred green and red shapes, with no idea of what was happening in the rest of the game. He couldn't hear the commentary over the wind. The crowd was hidden beneath a sea of cloaks and battered umbrellas. Twice he came very close to being unseated by a Bludger; his vision was clouded by the rain on his glasses he hadn't seen them coming.

Even Jungkook seemed to be having a hard time. They lost track of time. It was getting harder to hold his broom straight. The sky was getting darker, as though night had decided to come early.

"Even the skies are getting darker." Seokjin grew worried, "Should the game still continue like this?"

This wasn't in her dream. Yuna felt something off. The sky wasn't even that dark in her dream. A strange, grim feeling sojourned her and her friends.

With the first flash of lightning came the sound of Madam Hooch's whistle; the teams could just see the outline of Wood through the thick rain, gesturing him to the ground. The whole team; both Slytherin and Gryffindor teams splashed down into the mud.

"Oof —"

They had a short break before the next round. The first round ended in Gryffindor's points. There were light groans as the Slytherins shuffled back into their tent.

"It's been such a long time since you played, Taehyung. Maybe it's all right. Can we call Jimin?" a Slytherin suggested casually, but his tone was somewhat annoyed. Even if he was stressed, that was wrong to say.

Yoongi was going snap at the guy for possibly trying to replace Taehyung, keeping a hard look directed at him when someone had sent a tiny jet of red light past the player's goggles. They turned to see Yuna casually walking in. Taehyung flinched slightly, surprised at seeing her there in the tent all of a sudden. There was no need to point out who did that little stunt. Yuna had pocketed her wand.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Hold on," she sighed and kept her condescending eyes on the player earlier who was now sweating nervously. She scoffed as she walked past him, "it's not like you were even half as good as Taehyung. If anyone should be replaced  —"

"Okay, right okay I get it. I didn't mean anything bad by it, sorry." the guy defended himself before he got her insult, and before anything happened. Good for him — she would not mind pulling out her wand again.

"You better." she said conversationally, going over to her friend's side.

Taehyung's gaze didn't leave her as he waited for her to treat him. He had a small amused smirk on him as he chuckled, "It's all right now, we're just on edge."

"The weather's just bad." Yoongi said and swallowed his remaining urge to hiss at the guy earlier too, "Back to the point, unless we get the Snitch soon, we'll be playing into the night."