[68]

Chapter Sixty-eight[8k words]

Chapter Sixty-eight
[8k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

Jimin felt as though something had infiltrated his mind. It was no longer a comfortable blackness lacing his eyelids but a cold wind which caused him to wake up. A seance, a soft but acute, strange siren was still ringing in his ears and he put his hands over his head, buckling to his knees.

"Ugh — what the hell!" he whispered breathlessly, fretting to himself.

His vision had vividly recovered and his eyes scanned the cave, he had just jolted awake. Everyone was napping. Yuna was fast asleep with her head hanging mid-air.

He exhaled softly and sat back down next to her, but this time moving her head to use his shoulder as a pillow. A soft smile spread across his lips, clearly showing his fondness.

"If she was awake I bet she would've been blushing," he chuckled to himself. He truly had always known the effect he had on her.

Jimin gazed out of the cave and wondered if Joohyuk had called for Bang yet. If time went by quicker wherever they were right now though, they might have to wait longer for Joohyuk to feel the need to.

He squinted at a glimpse of the starry sky outside. It did feel like night time. Strangely, he felt like sunrise would not ever arrive here. The forest was odd. There was no moon.

He was still panting silently as though he had exerted himself from whatever had woken him up. His hazy gaze drifted again... Then something that resembled a peacock's tail came into his view and it blurred in and out, the eagle-eyes on the tail were making him feel dizzy, he looked away, but it still looked as if everything in his sight had multiplied afterimages. He heard that loud siren pounding in his ears once again.

I need a break.

Deciding he needed some air, he got up and walked out of the cave quietly without waking up the others, one hand over his head. It somewhat startled himself when he was almost staggering.

What had gotten to him? It felt as though something was trying to infiltrate his mind —

"Whatever?"

He just proceeded to walk into the area not that far from the cave because the flailing and dizzy sensation reduced as he did.

Yuna did say to trust Taehyung, but why do I feel as if I'm untrusting? Is it not just Phyton and Zil getting to me? 

His surroundings were only leaves and more, more trees as he walked. It was a deep forest.

"No, why am even thinking about this?"

He sighed frustratedly at himself.

...Did Taehyung even move on? Why did Zil and Phyton say that the other enemy smelled like a half-Devil himself...?

He did not bring it up earlier just to avoid sparking a strange discussion but now his thoughts were forming into doubts against his own best friend. He couldn't help but think that Taehyung was still suspicious...