[51]

Chapter Fifty-one[4

Chapter Fifty-one
[4.4k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

She was going to be armed with only her wand — which, just now, should've felt like nothing more than a narrow strip of wood — against a fifty-foot-high, scaly, spike-ridden, fire-breathing dragon. And she had to get past it. With everyone watching.

Dragons... Jungkook and Seokjin have helped Hagrid hold off wild dragons before. If we're to fight dragons, they'd know. Taehyung thought to himself, already having one plan in mind.

Dragons... If we need to engage in a fight with them, I think even my snakes' venom would be a bit useless. And can I actually use my snakes? I need to ask Bang first. If not, I'll go with the alternative. Jimin calmly planned in his head.

"Good luck, everyone."

They all already had their own plans in mind but just smiled to each other as they walked along the hallway; deep down, they were already in their competing spirit. Yuna had to be anyway, even if she had nothing to want to do with the Triwizard Tournament until the turn up for the books revelation a week ago. This Saturday would be the day their first task gets announced and it would have something to do with literal dragons.

"Taehyung, have you been doing anything for preparation?" asked Jimin once they were in the common room.

"No, and you didn't too." Taehyung recalled.

"Not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous now." chuckled Jimin but he seemed actually calm.

"Mhm, I'll worry about things later." Taehyung said casually as he headed to the stairs.

"Now, then, I've got to meet with Sirius in front of the fireplace." said Jimin.

"Sirius? Oh I want to see — wait, can I?" Yuna looked at him.

"Finding an excuse to stay with me, aren't you?" Jimin teased, rubbing the bottom part of her lips with his thumb. She was surprised at how he guessed it completely right. "But sure," he said.

"I – uh –"

They heard a little creak from the stair. Taehyung was grabbing his towel from the stairs.

"Well, I... I'll go on ahead, you two. Good night." Taehyung said with a somewhat strained smile.

They watched him go to his room. A little feeling of guilt pitted somewhere in their stomach but Jimin gave a small smile and shook his head.

Taehyung did say that he was going to be fine. They have seen that he could smile all day but perhaps  —

Both Jimin and Yuna looked back into the flames in the fireplace and jumped. Sirius's head was sitting in the fire.

"Oh — Sirius, how've you been doing?"

Sirius looked different from their memory of him. When they had said good-bye, Sirius's face had been gaunt and sunken, surrounded by a quantity of long, black, matted hair — but the hair was short and clean now, Sirius's face was fuller, and he looked younger, much more like the only photograph Jimin had of him, which had been taken at the Parks' wedding.