[08]

Chapter Eight[4

Chapter Eight
[4.7k words]

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

It was around afternoon, winter was near and every student's families would usually send gifts to their children using owls or birds during Christmas at Hogwarts.

The fact that she opened up to them about her past didn't seem to weigh heavily on their shoulders anymore, so she was relieved.

Murmurs of students' excitement filled the castle. Such a happy occasion that she'd never want to miss... She would've never thought she would have a group of companions to go see the christmas tree together again with, not after everything that had happened with her in the past and with how afraid she was of endangering others. Yuna still felt apprehensive from time to time, not knowing much about the wizarding world yet but she put on smiles, fondly following her friends as they were walking along the hallways.

Some children were getting letters while some got gifts from their parents. After seeing the christmas tree, they waddled happily to the lunch hall for a fill, yawning and stretching.

"Namjoon's cousin bought me a new broom and said I look like a dumpling." Yoongi said, putting aside the long packaged broom first to eat.

They laughed at him jokingly, since he wasn't wrong.

"Jackson did?"

"And he said..." Seokjin read his letter then threw it across the table with his burst of laugh, "That he's actually 0.1 cm taller than you! That's so funny!"

Yuna held back her laugh.

"It's a new broomstick for quidditch though, wow." Hoseok said, beaming at the broom. He was lowkey showing off on Yoongi's behalf on the table.

Namjoon got the plant he had wanted to have for a long time and Jungkook got a new camera. Taehyung and Seokjin got food as gifts from their parents. Jimin wasn't expecting anything at first but an owl dropped a whole broomstick on his table.

"It's from Bang and Professor McGonagall." Yuna read the name on the letter that was attached to it.

"Let's open it." they huddled around Jimin expectantly, eyes rounding with curiosity...

"It's the Nimbus 2000? The new edition!" Hoseok and Jungkook yelled first.

Even the students from other tables all looked over to their group, murmurring in astonishment and wows. Jimin smiled, grateful for the gift. It would help him shine even more for the Quidditch matches. Jungkook rolled his eyes at that thought though, making them quarrel like baby chicks for sometime then but then one of them brought up something solemnly under the main hall's lively loudness.

"When do we check up on the cerberus, by the way?" she asked, side-glancing at the stage where Pheo was in a soundly slumber.

"Maybe tonight. We sneak out after everyone's asleep." Jimin said and the rest of them nodded together.