[95]

Chapter Ninety-five[11k+ words]A/N: lore-heavy?

Chapter Ninety-five
[11k+ words]
A/N: lore-heavy?

Chapter Ninety-five[11k+ words]A/N: lore-heavy?

---.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.---

"This was many years ago, by the way. Outside, Hogwarts hasn't been founded yet. And you're going to see how the situation changed, yet lived to this day..."

"Pheo?"

So it could only talk to her from outside.

"Honestly, I'm not even sure about this."

"About what —?"

The pheonix she was observing on the banisters remained still, its eyes cold and fixated on something. She looked below: it was a bigger place than she thought with its great archway and the seating rows enabled everyone present to see what was in the middle. The attendees consisted of not only centaurs and winged Devils; she could see some humans on the ground floor too, on the same ground as Charis.

She looked around again and noticed Alastair in the cage. Honestly, even referring to it as a 'bird cage' in her head felt dehumanizing. In the special seating below, she could see who she recognized from their described features; Cedric and Colt stood at the sides. Every head was watching Charis.

She couldn't see from afar so she got out of the rows and used the stairs behind them to go downstairs, and she heard a unending murmurs as she passed, meaning this was when Charis began unsealing the talismans which were keeping the cage resilient. She quickened her pace since the stairs were so grand. She stepped onto the light blue pavements, eyeing from afar how the wings over Charis's back was stretching slowly.

"What is the lord doing?" said Pheo loudly above. She could hear even from two distant floors below, "That stupid guy!"

It wasn't the only one who was on edge. Everyone stood at the edge of their seats; Cedric and Colt were holding themselves back from coming over but Charis calmly held up a hand to halt them even as the whispers and protests continued.

Two basilisks had slithered down from the pillars all over from the sixth floor. However, Charis didn't seem to mind them. He only continued talking.

"...There's still a speck of light in you, and it's still repairable with love. Someone told me this."