Steve Harrington X Reader - Too Lost In You

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Too Lost In You by the Sugababes. It's a pretty short one, but I hope you all enjoy it. 

In all of your years of dating, you had never really felt like anyone had really made you love them. I mean, you had definitely said it before, but that didn't really mean that you meant it. Of course, you loved spending time with them, but you weren't in love with them. Which is why Steve Harrington had completely floored you. Not only was he prettier than anyone you had ever seen, but he was sweet too, and he was funny without ever even trying. There was a deep adoration that you felt towards him and it was enough to baffle you completely.

When you were with him, you felt like you were going out of your mind, so entranced by his mere presence that you forgot about the world around you. And when you weren't with him, he was all you could think about. It was a little concerning if you were honest. 

There was no doubt in your mind that this was love, like real proper love, but he'd never said it to you before, and you were hesitant to be the first to bring the L word into your relationship. I mean, what if you tried to casually drop it into a conversation and he told you he didn't feel the same way? What if he completely rejected you? What if he ditched you the moment you confessed?

It had been making you nervous for weeks, and the more nervous you got, the more agitated you became. 

At first, Steve had been able to brush off your strange, distant behaviour, blaming it on hormones or something similar, but the longer it went on the more worried he grew. You were slipping away from him and it was breaking his heart. 

He'd come over this evening, crawling through your bedroom window and sending you a sweet smile. "Hey, Pretty Girl," he started, pressing a quick kiss to the top of your head, his arms wrapping around you. "Missed you today-"

"Jesus Christ," you bit out, pulling away from him slightly and letting out a deep sigh. "Cut it out."

Steve looked like a wounded puppy, his brow all furrowed as he watched you fiddle with the pens on your desk, lining them up to keep yourself from looking at him. "What did I do?" he murmured, watching as your shoulders dropped slightly, making yourself as small as possible. "Am I being too clingy? I really don't mean to go too fast, Sweetheart, I was just-"

"No, it's fine-"

"It's clearly not fine," he told you, keeping his distance. "I get it if I'm being a little intense, okay? I just-" he let out a soft sigh. "I love you and I really like holding you, but if that's too much then I can slow it down a bit."

You swallowed down the lump that had formed in your throat, quickly turning to look at him, tears brimming in your eyes. "You love me?"

"Shit," he breathed out. "That wasn't how I intended to tell you that for the first time," he confessed. "But, yeah, I do. I love you so much."

"Oh, thank fuck," you murmured, wiping the tears from your eyes as a small smile pulled at your lips. "I was trying to slow it down because I thought I was getting too intense," you told him. "I love you, Steve," you pressed on, taking a hesitant step towards him, watching a grin form on his features.

He took your hand in his, drawing you closer to him, his nose brushing against yours. "Oh Pretty Girl," he hummed. "I'm never going to get tired of hearing you tell me that." He paused for a moment, pressing a chaste kiss to your lips. "I love you."

You chuckled against his lips, your hands running over his shoulders to clasp behind his neck. "I love you," you told him again. "Wow, it feels so good to say that out loud," you laughed before kissing him again. 

"I love you so much that I feel like I'm going crazy when you aren't around. I can barely sleep because I'm always thinking about you," he confessed, resting his chin on top of your head.

You let out a snort of laughter, pressing a kiss to the hollow of his throat, the only skin available to you in the new position he was holding you in. "I feel like I'm going crazy when you are around; like I'm so caught up in you that I can't focus on anything else."

He smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of your head. "Well, don't we make a ridiculously perfect pair, huh?"

"It's clearly meant to be."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x