Billy Hargrove X Reader - Foundations

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Foundations by Kate Nash. This couple is totally toxic and definitely shouldn't be together. It's a pretty short one, but I hope you all enjoy it.

"You're being a bitch, you know that, right?" Billy grumbled, slamming the car door as you followed behind him, marching towards the front of the house like he was on a mission. 

"Me?" you chuckled. "You were the one flirting with every woman in sight," you pressed on. "All I did was point out that you were in a relationship, you know, the one that you're in with me?"

He scoffed slightly, shaking his head when you followed him through the front door and into the living room. "You are so goddamn bitter. It was a little bit of harmless flirting-"

"She was climbing all over you," you interrupted. "If I knew we were allowed to basically cheat I'd have made arrangements by now. I mean, Tommy is way hotter than you are and I'm sure he wouldn't mind-"

Billy had you pushed up against the wall before you could finish the sentence, one hand pressed to the plaster behind your head, the other balled up in your shirt. "Don't even finish that thought," he growled softly, his nose so close to yours that if you shifted even slightly they would touch. "Don't you fucking dare."

"So you can flirt all you want but I can't even think about another man?"

He let out a deep sigh. "I wasn't going to fuck her-"

"That's not the point."

"That's exactly the point. I wasn't cheating on you." 

"She was sitting in your lap and playing with your hair," you bit out. "If she had her way, you'd be fucking her right there in front of everyone. She was trying to stake a claim on you."

His hand lifted from your shirt, moving to cup your chin, keeping you looking in his direction. "But I didn't fuck her."

You swallowed down the lump forming in your throat. Sure, you loved winding Billy up, you both did, it was part of the fun of being together, but maybe you'd both gone a little bit too far this time. After all, you didn't usually feel this upset when it was all said and done. You'd act all put-out and get all worked up for him, but you'd never actually cared before. 

"I'm yours, Baby." he pressed on, his brow furrowing slightly when you didn't bite back with some smart-ass response like you normally would. "I'm always going to be yours. You know I am."

You nodded slightly. He pulled you forwards, pressing your head into the crook of your neck as tears brimmed in your eyes. Shit, you'd never reacted like this before. What was happening to you?

"It's okay," he murmured, his arm tightening around you. 

"I'm sorry," you sniffled against him, your hands balled up into fists in his shirt. 

He hushed you softly, steering you towards the couch and pulling you down to sit on his lap. "Sweetheart, look at me?" You lifted your head, your eyes bloodshot and watery. "I don't want anyone else. I want you. No one else can stake a claim on what's already yours, alright?"

You nodded, taking a deep, shaking breath. "I know," you murmured. 

His hand lifted, wiping away the stray tears from your cheeks. "I didn't realise you were actually upset," he confessed. "Thought this was just another one of our stupid fights," he hummed. "Wouldn't have been such an idiot if I thought you'd feel like this."

You let out a small, watery bubble of laughter, shaking your head. "You're always an idiot," you uttered, watching as a smile played at the corner of his lips. 

"Yeah," he grumbled. "But I'm your idiot, so you're stuck with me." He paused for a moment, before saying something you were certain you had never heard fall from his lips. "I'm sorry, Baby. It won't happen again."

You leant forward, pressing your forehead to his, your eyes fluttering closed. Maybe this would be the turning point. Maybe you would be able to grow up and form a healthy relationship rather than bickering all the time. 

"Love you," you murmured softly. 

"I love you too, Baby."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x