Eddie Munson X Reader - Freedom

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Freedom by Wham! I literally wrote this entire chapter just for a shot at one joke that I thought was funny. It's a little short, but I hope you all enjoy it. 

You had been going back and forth the same way for the last hour or so, sitting in the damp little boat house at Reefer Rick's place. If you had known that it would take so long, you might have insisted on heading over to the house instead, but Eddie had been pretty pushy with his need to have a private conversation with you, so you'd let him start his rambling before even thinking about changing location. 

At least, in the house, you would have been warm whilst he was trying to convince you to dump him. At least, you would've been sitting on a relatively comfy couch whilst you rolled your eyes at how damn stupid your boyfriend could be from time to time. 

"I'm not just going to break up with you because you're going through something difficult-"

Eddie scoffed, causing your words to drop off as you raised an eyebrow at him. "This is a little more than a tough couple of days, Baby," he uttered, shaking his head in disbelief, running his hand over his face. "They think I'm a murderer. They think I hurt Chrissy-"

"And we know that you didn't, so who gives a shit?"

"The police give a shit," he bit back, his shoulders slumping slightly. "What if people think you had something to do with it? What if someone hurts you?"

You let out a soft sigh. You had to admit that you had thought about the prospect of community justice a couple of times already. You had been worried about the idea of your neighbours turning on you for being with Eddie. But, the didn't mean that you were ever going to be willing to leave him to suffer on his own. 

"Nobody is going to hurt me," you corrected, your tongue darting out to wet your bottom lip as you stared him down. "Ed, I love you. I'm not just going to dump you to make my life a little easier, alright?"

Eddie sighed, his mouth opening as if he was going to argue again, only for you to shake your head, silencing him.

"Quit trying to scare me away," you told him. "I love you," you repeated softly, reaching out to take his hand in yours, gently pulling him towards you. "And I'm not going to leave you, so please stop trying to make me."

His shoulders slumped as you wrapped your arms around him, letting him press his face into your collarbone. "I love you," he breathed out, his words muffled by your shirt. 

"I know you do, Baby," you hummed out, petting his head lightly. "And I'm going to forgive you for trying to get me to end things, but I swear to God, if you try to do it again, I won't be so nice."

You felt his lips twitch into a smile against you, his hands squeezing your hips slightly as he finally pulled back. "God," he murmured, smiling up at you softly. "You are such an optometrist, Baby" he pressed on, watching your face contort in confusion, brow furrowed as you stared down at him. 

"What?" you uttered, watching his cheeks tint slightly as he floundered. 

"You know, an optometrist," he repeated. "You always see the best in everyone and you see the bright side in shitty situations. All that positive thinking crap," he pressed on, watching as your confusion faded, replaced by a bright smile as you attempted to stifle your laughter. 

"An optimist?"

His nose wrinkled slightly as he stood to his full height, his arms tightening their hold on you. "Yeah. Why? What did I say?"

Another peel of laughter slipped out of you, your free hand lifting to run your fingers over his cheek. "God, you're so lucky you're cute," you teased, pressing up onto your tiptoes to kiss him quickly. "I love you."

"I love you too," he returned quickly, following your lips with his own, his forehead resting against yours. "Thank you for being here, Baby."

You pulled away slightly, glancing around at your surroundings, a smile pulling at the corners of your lips. "There's nowhere I would rather be."

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x