Eddie Munson X Hopper!Reader - Mess Is Mine

A/N - This chapter was inspired by the song Mess Is Mine by Vance Joy. The reader is Hopper's daughter. This one is set between Seasons 2 and 3, so before Eddie started getting into really big trouble. I hope you all enjoy it. 

You frowned as you listened to the phone ringing on the other side of the Cabin. Your dad was out at work. El was over at Mike's house. There was no real reason for anyone to be calling at all. You grumbled as you rolled off of the couch, making your way across the room and answering reluctantly, almost certain that you'd end up in conversation with a telemarketer trying to flog something you definitely didn't need and couldn't afford. 

"Hello-"

"Y/N, Sweetheart," Eddie interrupted softly. "I'm going to have to cancel date night," he pressed on, leaving you floundering as your brows furrowed. 

You cleared your throat slightly. "Oh-" you murmured softly, still a little confused as you listened to the wall of sound behind Eddie's steady breathing. 

"I'm sorry, Baby-"

"Where are you?"

He hesitated for a moment and the anxiety began building in your chest as you waited on an answer. 

"I'm at the station," he uttered softly, letting out a soft sigh. "They're trying to pin that burglary that happened over on Harrow Street last night on me-"

"But you were with me all night," you murmured. "We were at the trailer until 9, and the cops were already on Harrow Street when you dropped me home-"

He released another soft sigh that almost broke your heart. "I know, Baby, but I can't tell them that without your dad finding out."

"Oh," you breathed out. "Shit," you pressed on. 

"Finish up the call, Munson," a voice called out, making your stomach clench as you tried to figure out a plan to get him out of trouble. 

"I'm sorry, Sweetheart, I've got to go, alright?"

"Ed-"

"I'll call you when I get a chance, okay?"

You hesitated for a moment, swallowing the lump in your throat. "Okay," you breathed out. "I'll talk to you later, Baby."

When Eddie had hung up, you'd immediately fallen into an awkward pace, wandering the perimeter of the living room as you wracked your brain for any way of getting him out of trouble without your dad finding out that you'd been dating for the last 2 years. It was hopeless, really. And with a chance of Eddie ending up in jail, you were growing more and more accepting of your dad's wrath, as long as it got you out of a hell of a lot of legal fees. 

It hadn't taken you long to make a decision, gathering up your purse and your car keys and heading out of the door as quickly as you could manage. 

When you'd pulled up outside of the station, you'd still been high on adrenaline, barrelling out of the car and towards the entrance. You were a woman on a mission, and you weren't about to let your boyfriend end up in jail for something he didn't do. 

"Y/N," Florence called out when she saw you, grinning brightly at you as you came to a halt by her desk, your eyes scanning over the desks in search of Eddie. "Darling, we haven't seen you in an age. I keep telling that Father of yours to bring you by more often-"

"Sorry, Flo. I'm in a rush," you told her, offering up your sweetest smile. "Did they bring Eddie Munson in here earlier?"

She hesitated for a moment, brow furrowing at the strange turn in the conversation. She finally nodded. "Calahan has him in the interrogation room-"