Chapter 26

Ara' Sei and the group were quickly able to find an inn where they could stay. A week for two rooms was two gold, and Ara' Sei was happy to pay. The inn was cheap, the beds were uncomfortable, and the rooms had visible wear. However, Ara' Sei wasn't entirely sure how long it would take to find him. She let everyone know to be ready to look for him. And then, all of them slept for the first time in Duskholme.

       Ara' Sei woke up to a gorgeous, otherworldly landscape filled with vivid greens. She had been to this place before, but only a few times. One time when her powers first emerged. Another before she started travelling the world. And here again, she was transported to the vision where the divine would guide her.

       "Your powers have begun to grow." The voice emanated from the landscape, and while smooth and calming, it held terrifying power.

       "Yes. How do I find the man you are guiding me to?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "He is looking for you as well. He has business he must finish that he needs your help with."

       "Okay, could you please be more specific?" Then, the divine voice materialized into a figure that bore a great resemblance to Ara' Sei, only with white instead of blonde hair, and huge angelic wings.

       "I am your guardian I'm afraid." The angel said to Ara' Sei.

       "Listen to me, beyond now, I will not be able to speak to you for a long time. When your job here in Duskholme is done. Head north, straight north, into the sea. All the way until you hit the last sliver of civilization. Something bad is coming. Something you and him together have the power to stop." The angel looked behind her, and then frowned.

       "Dear Ara' Sei, I must leave now. I'll be gone for a long, long time. But when I am back, I will help you, trust me." The angel faded into nothing, and Ara' Sei watched the whole dream fall away into dust.

       Ara' Sei woke up, and dawn was just arriving in Duskholme. Ella was still fast asleep. Ara' Sei decided to get out of bed. Ara' Sei then went to the docks. It was a clear morning, and Ara' Sei could behold dawn's arrival. The sky was orange and pink and blue, all painted over the texture of clouds. Ara' Sei opened her hands and let light dance between her fingers.

       Then, she remembered the nostalgic days of when she first found this power. The ability to just slightly bend the world at a whim. She had felt so powerful, and now she felt helpless against the ominous warning of what was to come. Ara' Sei walked to the edge of the water, and looked at her reflection in it. Then, she held her hand out, and with a slight burst of light, the water rippled without her touching it. Ara' Sei smiled.

       Ara' Sei looked around. To her delight, no one was watching, they were all busy or not awake. She waved her arms all around her, and watched as the water near her glittered as though the fully awakened sun had hit it. In the dim light of dawn, it was brilliant, and shadows danced on the nearby boats. Ara' Sei put her hands over her chest, and her hands glowed as warmth spread through her, fighting the chill of dawn.

       Ara' Sei laughed. She had desperately needed this reminder. This reminder of what this power was. While she knew it held great responsibility, it had given her countless, silent, and beautiful moments like these. Moments where she bent the world around her, and made it shine brighter.