Chapter 42

Cedric approached the doorway, and muttered a few words under his breath. A pillar of pale light blocked the doorway. One of the guards stepped into the pillar, and pale, blue, and radiant fire immediately was unleashed upon him. He screamed as the flames seared him but persevered and stepped through. Two other guards followed suit, but one stepped backwards out of the flames as the pain was too much, and the other stepped through just as the first did.

       Ara' Sei raised her hand towards the wall with the whips and torture tools. The flames built, and she released them once again. The flame hit the wall, but the wood didn't catch flame.

       "I don't have time for this c'mon!" Ara' Sei whispered to herself. The two guards that had entered charged towards Cedric. When they got close, Cedric raised his hand and muttered under his breath. With a flash of emerald light, there was a deafening sound as thunderous energy rushed towards the two guards. The two guards pushed through it. Cedric gritted his teeth, prepared for the attack.

       Ara' Sei felt searing pain in her nostrils as the smoke began to become unbearable. Then she felt searing pain in her arm as she focused fire into her hand. A flaming spear once again slammed into the wall, this time, the flames set. Another one of the walls began to burn.

       "Get water, hurry!" The guard outside the warehouse shouted.

       "Get some help too!" One of the guards shouted as they charged at Cedric. They brought their sword down onto Cedric's arm, creating a deep, bleeding gash. The other tried to ram the tip of their blade through Cedric's chest, but Cedric moved to the side just in time so that it didn't impale him hear any vital organs.

       Cedric put his arm out, and channeled the same power he had before. Another deafening sound of thunder shook through the small warehouse.

       The smoke was beginning to become unbearable. As Ara' Sei was muttering the incantation to draw fire to her hand, she had to suppress the temptation to cough. But, it was too much. She began to cough uncontrollably from the smoke. She still managed to summon the fire to her fingertips, but it was no use, the spear weakly hit the wall barely leaving a mark.

       "Cedric, we... need... get... out." Ara' Sei managed to say through fits of coughing. One of the guards succumbed to the smoke as well, and began to cough. The other pushed through it, as did Cedric.

       "All right, as soon as these two are taken care of, we can get out of here!" Cedric said. The guards went in for another attack. One blow skimmed Cedric in the side, the other missed, as the guard could hardly strike him through fits of coughing. Cedric raised his hand forward again.

       "Please, work this time." The walls shook from the volume as thunderous energy exploded from Cedric's hand. Both of the guards were flung off their feet. Their bodies hit the ground, unmoving and bleeding from the ears. Ara' Sei stumbled towards him.

       "Get... out... run." Ara' Sei said.

       "Just one moment." Cedric responded. Another guard was charging through the doorway. Without knowing, Cedric had lost focus on the spell. Cedric began to walk towards the only other door of the warehouse, muttering one final incantation. The flames on the wall of torture tools began to rage with greater ferocity. Then, Cedric ran to Ara'Sei, carried her over his shoulders, and then transformed into a hazel colored stallion. The guard was now almost upon him.

       Cedric in his new majestic form charged towards the door with Ara' Sei on his back. As he burst through the front door, he saw the others waiting.

       "Alright, no need to stay any more! Let's go!" Zerai said. The group began to make their way away from the warehouse through the alley that the door opened up to.

       "Where do you think you all are going!" The group looked back to see a town guard with a sword drawn standing there.

       "Get ready, this night isn't over just yet." Zerai said, manifesting his blade of light in his hand.