Chapter 69

Back in the town, the rest of the group was beginning to panic.

       "Where the hell did they go!" Eris whispered loudly.

       "I have no idea!" Ara' Sei whispered back.

       "It's okay, they flew that way." Ella said quietly, pointing in the direction she had seen the massive eagle fly.

       "Also, I'm fairly certain he couldn't do that before, wow." Eris said.

       "Anyways, we need to go." Ara' Sei said.

       "Okay, which one of you has trouble with sneaking around?" Eris asked.

       "This armor does make it a bit difficult." Ella confessed.

       "Okay, I now have a spell that can make you invisible for some time. In that time we'll probably be able to get out of the town. Now, let's hurry." Eris said. With that, Eris placed their hand on Ella and muttered a few words, clutching an amulet in their hand. Ella's form shimmered before vanishing.

       "Whoa, I'm all shimmery and transparent!" Ella said.

       "Okay, let's go." Eris said.

       Then, the group set out, desperately trying to stay quiet and out of sight. Unfortunately, Ella's armor was still loud, and Eris felt far too panicked to stay out of sight. That was when Ara' Sei heard a low growl.

       "Uh, we have a problem." Ara' Sei said, as she saw a massive creature staring at the group. The face was somewhat frog-like, and the skin was red, moist, and covered in warts. The back was covered with spikes. It stood on two legs, and its arms were almost the size of its somewhat short legs. Its mouth was lined with sharp teeth, and two shiny yellow eyes were bearing into Eris.

       "We don't have time for this, just run!" Eris said. The group began running as quick as they could away from the creature and out of town. Eris was by far the quickest of the three, and they quickly flew across the ground with almost supernatural speed. Ara' Sei and Ella ran behind them. While all of them were running, the invisibility spell on Ella wore off. The frog-like demon continuously pursued them. After a few minutes the group managed to escape the town, but they had lost track of where the eagle form of Cedric had flown.

       "I don't like it, but we have to fight it!" Ara' Sei shouted.

       "Okay, get behind me!" Ella commanded. Ella then put herself between the demon and her comrades, her blade at the ready. Eris readied their daggers. Ara' Sei prepared her magic, and her eyes were set aglow as she channeled her radiant power.

       Suddenly, the demon charged. The radiant flames released, but the demon was charging too fast for the flames to hit it. Ella swung her blade upwards to meet the charging demon. Eris ran around to the back of the demon while it was focused on Ella. They charged with one of their daggers out and plunged it into the back of the demon, causing it to roar in pain.

       The fight had begun, but they had no idea what was happening to their other friends.