Chapter 74

With the help of Cedric's magic, the group was able to sneak to the building at the center of the town. No more demons surrounded it, and they were able to walk up to the front door.

       "I don't think there are any demons nearby." Cedric said.

       "Hello, if anyone's in there, we're here to help!" Ara' Sei shouted.

       "No! We can't trust anyone, some of them know how to disguise themselves as people!" A voice shouted from within the building.

       "Okay, well, there are a few things we would like to know. Would you mind if we asked a few questions?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Depends on the questions." The voice answered.

       "Alright, first question. How long have the demons been here?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "They started attacking six days ago." The voice answered.

       "How many people are there left?"

       "I don't feel comfortable answering that."

       "Do you know where the demons are coming from?"

       "On the other side of the island, there's a whole bunch of abnormal stuff. It glows red at night, all of the demons come from there."

       "Do you know anything else about where the demons are coming from?"

       "Look lady! We weren't able to learn much before we took shelter from the demons!"

       "Very well. Thank you. Your answers have been helpful." Then, the group left the town, once again not encountering any demons. They walked back out onto the ice that surrounded Point Frost and the island that it lay on. Cedric muttered an incantation, and an orb of frozen water was created around the group. As darkness and sleep came, Ara' Sei found herself somewhere else.

       She immediately knew what was happening, this was a vision in the form of a dream. She stood upon a shiny, mirror like surface, looking behind her, she saw the island that Point Frost lay upon, and she saw the silhouette of the town. The sky was dark and filled with storm clouds.

       Suddenly, the ground shook, Ara' Sei turned around. She gasped with horror as she saw the demon. It stood well over thirty feet tall, and two large horns sat upon its head. Its eyes glowed with fire, and as it opened its chasm of a mouth flames were exposed. An army of wolves stood behind it, but the wolves were the size of horses, and their eyes glowed that same red. The demon had a set of massive wings that stretched well over fifty feet. In one hand it carried a whip that was made of fire, and in the other it carried a blade made of red, crackling lightning.

       As the demon smiled, Ara' Sei was torn from her vision. As she awoke, she felt the feeling she had felt just the morning before. It was a feeling of strength, of power, of resilience. Her power within her pulsed brighter and stronger.

       "I see you demon, soon, I'll be ready."

Author's Note: Since the party fought a lot of powerful creatures, they are now leveling up from level 8 to level 9. For most of the party, this means that they are far more powerful than they were before.