Chapter 109

As days continued to pass, the grasslands became noticeably more arid. There were far less wildflowers, and the color of the grass was shifting from green to a dead, yellowish gold hue.

      The temperature also rose gradually as time went on. And soon it rose to the point of being moderately unpleasant.

       Nights provided respite from the heat. And one night, the group had decided to rest upon the crest of a particularly tall hill. Ara' Sei was struggling to sleep, so she decided to take a walk slightly away from the rest of the group.

       She savored the moments where the wind blew, and whole hillsides were transformed by the waves created in the grass. Ara' Sei put her hand forward, and a puff of wind caused a ripple in the waves.

       Then, she put her hand forward and spun around. Tiny, twinkling lights swirled upwards all around her, and a ripple spread out from Ara' Sei in the grass, faintly reflecting the moonlight in the sky.

       Ara' Sei continued to run around and frolic with her magic. She would roll in the dry grass and laugh and shout and do whatever she wanted. For thirty minutes she ran around, flung magic, and otherwise entertained herself.

       When she got back to the group, she was finally tired enough to find sleep. Oddly though, she woke up in a field of soft green grass, and bountiful wildflowers. It took a moment for her to recognize the surroundings of her visions. The same woman as before was before her, but this time she was sitting in the grass.

       "Ara' Sei, your magic has grown so very much." The woman said.

        "I know, I didn't think it would grow so fast, it's satisfying to feel more powerful, but also kind of frightening." Ara' Sei confessed.

       "I know, it's a difficult time. But soon, your power will rival that of mine. Even more, your power may rival those of the upper planes." The woman said.

       "You mean the angels?!" Ara' Sei asked. The woman nodded in response.

       "Are... you sure? That can't be right, I'm powerful, but not that powerful." Ara' Sei said.

       "You know what you did down in that temple. Everyone saw it. You can't continue ignoring it. You are growing very powerful, Ara' Sei. It's time I told you something." The woman said.

       "I'm listening." Ara' Sei said

       "Now more than ever, you must have purpose. You must understand your purpose. You will complete your task in Oarshear, and you will understand that task once you arrive. But, from then on, I cannot guide you." The woman explained. Ara' Sei's eyes widened.

       "That means, you won't be giving me any more visions like this." Ara' Sei said.

       "This is not goodbye, yet. But soon, you will have to grow without my help." The woman said.

       "But, how can I? How will I? What will the group do? You can't just leave me like this!" Ara' Sei screamed.

       "For now, I bid you farewell. Goodbye, Ara' Sei." The vision around her faded, and she was lying on the ground, covered in sweat. It was a few minutes before dawn's arrival, and Ara' Sei cleaned herself magically, and managed to keep composure. But now dread gnawed at her, more than ever.