Chapter 104

Ara' Sei and Cedric were slammed painfully into the wall behind them by the force. Zerai was flung back in midair. Ella managed to push through it. Eris was flung away from the pyramids.

       Zerai had to use all of his speed to fly back over the first wall. Ara' Sei had the wind knocked out of her. She was beginning to panic.

       With a flash, Cedric's form morphed into that of a majestic, massive eagle. In his new form, he picked Ara' Sei up and flew away from the approaching horde of figures. He flew just above the ground, knowing that they would be relatively okay even if they got knocked out of the air. Ella continued flying forward, and was at the third and final wall of flames.

       The figures all tried to pursue Cedric in his new form, but he was a fast flier, and they couldn't hope to catch him. Eris flew back to the pyramids, and over to the wand. They reached out for the wand, and pulled as hard as they could. But, it was difficult, and they weren't succeeding yet.

       Then, the crackling wave charged up again, and it surged from the wand. Eris dug their dagger in just in time and wasn't flung off the pyramids. Everyone else was flung back. Cedric spun wildly in the air. Ella and Zerai had their progress reversed.

       Zerai and Ella continued to surge forward through the air. And Ella made it to the pyramids.

       "I can help in a moment!" Ella said.

       Cedric continued to carry Ara' Sei through the air, and was able to not lose his form. But, Ara' Sei could tell one more wave would destroy the form and drop them. The creatures of flame were still in hot pursuit.

       Eris grasped the wand, and attempted to pull it free once more. The wand began to come free. But, then the wand charged up, and the wave of energy once again surged through the massive chamber. The low booming echoed off the walls in a deafening cacophony.

      Zerai couldn't hold the spell any longer, and he fell to the ground along with Ella. Eris also fell to the ground, now they were not past the third wall any longer. Zerai lay on the ground in between the first and second walls. Ella was the only one close enough.

       Cedric was reverted and both him and Ara' Sei were sent rolling along the ground. The flaming figures were now closing in on them.

       Zerai slowly got up. Ella climbed up the first pyramid towards the wand.

       "Come on now!" She said as she grasped the wand. But, it set back into place, and despite her efforts, it didn't budge.

       Cedric put his hand on his chest and muttered a few words. An emerald glow flowed through him. Ara' Sei put her hand on her chest and her body glowed with pale light as her body mended the wounds that the waves had wrought upon her. Eris ran towards the wand, and to their horror it was back in place.

       Then, the crackling once again built in volume. The wave was once again unleashed. This one impacted far more than it had before. Eris was flung backwards through the wall of flame, and their body came to rest between the second and third walls. Ella clung to the pyramid with everything she had.

       Ara' Sei's body glowed as she steeled her power against the wave. Zerai was also able to resist the wave.

       Zerai put his hand on his head and his body glowed with golden light as he summoned all the vitality he could.

       The flaming figures were almost upon Cedric and Ara' Sei. But, once again he transformed and flew off.

       "Come on Ella. You're the only one who can do this! Do it!" Ella screamed at herself. With a shout, she pulled with all her strength. The wand crackled, beads of sweat pooled on her forehead. Then, whatever magic held the wand in place gave way. The glowing of the lines faded. The creatures vanished from existence. The walls gave away. Eris was able to wake up, scorched and exhausted. Ara' Sei, Zerai, and Cedric illuminated the room. They had done it, finally, they had found The Flame.