Chapter 198

The dragon's jaws lunged for Ella, and they clamped around her. But, she angled herself so that her armor blocked the dragon's bite.

       One of the creature's hands raked across Zerai's stomach. He fell to the ground, clutching his bleeding stomach.

       Then, the creature tried to slash across Ella with its talons. She fell backwards, also on the ground.

       Ara' Sei ran over to the two that were on the ground. She placed her hands on Zerai, and his body began to glow brightly with pale light. Tears fell from her eyes as she began hyperventilating. Then, she pointed her hand at the dragon, and radiant flames burst around its head. But, it pulled its head back.

       "Zerai, heal Ella, then fly that way." Ara' Sei instructed, pointing past the dragon. But, Ella sprung to her feet on the brink of consciousness.

       "Run Ella!" Ara' Sei shouted, pointing the opposite way that Zerai was going to fly. Ella nodded, picked up her blade, and ran in that direction as fast as she could.

       The dragon beat its massive wings and a shockwave was sent outwards. The shockwave impacted Ara' Sei, Eris, and Zerai.

       Everyone was sent flying away from the dragon through the dust. Ara' Sei coughed out gray dust so aggressively it hurt her back.

       Eris got up off the ground, and stood at the ready, they were unable to do anything beyond stand there and let their friends run. They glanced down at their ring, which had been doing them wonders thus far.

       "I can live." They whispered.

       Zerai cast the flight spell they had on himself and Ara' Sei before flying in the direction Ara' Sei had instructed him to go. It was in the opposite direction as Ella, and he was decently far from the dragon. He channeled his healing to Eris as he flew over.

       Brie carved the glyph into the air and fired another ray. But, it hit the dragon's scales harmlessly.

       "All of that damn training, and you're still useless?" She asked herself.

       Cedric muttered a word beneath his breath, and Eris' body glowed with emerald, and their wounds healed over more. Then, the cloud above crackled loudly, and another bolt of lightning struck the dragon.

       The dragon looked down at Eris, who was directly below it. Its throat glowed with purple light, and dark violet flames engulfed Ara' Sei and Eris. Ara' Sei leapt on top of Eris using her body as a barrier.

       "I can take it!" She shouted. When the flames faded. Her back was blackened from the withering flames. And some of Eris' arms and shoulders were withered as well.

       Ara' Sei pointed her hand upward, and she let light flow into her arm. But, she didn't feel any pain, and she heard nothing but her heart pounding in her ears.

       A beam of white light illuminated the whole battlefield. The dragon roared in pain as the beam hit it. Even so, part of the white beam was reflected off.

       Ella merely looked at the massive plume of flame, then she cheered when she saw her friends still alive.

       Eris got up.

       "Thank you." They whispered. Then, they suddenly went invisible and slipped away through the thick of combat. The dragon frantically looked around for them, but it couldn't see them.

       Zerai turned around and sent three bolts of light flying towards the dragon. But, all of them bounced off the dragon's scales.

       Brie carved the same glyph into the air once again. Then she released its power in the same blue ray as before. But, her hands were shaking, and it didn't even hit the dragon. She cursed loudly from where she was.

       Cedric muttered a word, and Ara' Sei glowed with emerald light as her wounds healed. Then, he brought yet another bolt of lightning down upon the dragon.

       The dragon flew down upon Ara' Sei. First, its jaws lunged forward. Then, with two further talon swipes, Ara' Sei was knocked to the ground into darkness.

       Ella looked around frantically, but it was clear that she wasn't able to do anything at the moment. If she went in, she would only get knocked to the ground. She instead looked to Zerai.

       "Help her!" Ella shouted.

       Suddenly, Eris appeared and plunged their dagger into the dragon's stomach. The dragon roared as the blade sunk well over six inches in. The dragon brought its tail down upon Eris and knocked them to the floor.

       Zerai flew over with all his speed and picked Ara' Sei up off the ground. Her body glowed with golden light, and vitality flooded through her. The tail of the dragon then slammed into Zerai, sending him to the floor as well.

     Brie carved the same glyph as before, and she couldn't find anything else she could use at the moment. It finally impacted the scales so that ice crystals could spread across them. Finally, she was able to do something.