Chapter 31

"Alright everyone. The first step of our plan is simple. The slaver's guild has become so successful by closely communicating with the government. Our first step will be largely cutting off that communication, from there, we can move quickly before they are able to call any aid." Zerai explained.

       "How will we do that?" Eris asked.

       "The slaver's guild has to have some means of officiating their messages. Such as a stamp or seal. If we can steal that, it will be a subtle, yet easy way of largely cutting off their communication." Zerai said.

       "Do you know where we can find this seal?" Eris asked.

       "I think I do. There is one member of the Duskholme government that is very closely tied with the slaver's guild. If anyone will have it, it's her." Zerai answered.

       "Okay, we don't need everyone for that, what is something else that we should do early on?" Eris asked.

       "Well, they have a few ships that they used to transport enslaved people. If we sunk those, it would be conspicuous, but it would completely halt their ability to make money." Zerai explained.

       "I think I could do that." Cedric said.

       "How?" Zerai asked. Cedric opened up his hand, and a small flame appeared.

       "Very good. Okay, Cedric can burn down their ships. Whoever is best at sneaking around should go steal the seal." Zerai said. Eris raised their hand in response.

       "Very well. Is anyone else capable of sneaking around?"

       "I can't sneak around myself, but I can help Eris if it's possible." Cedric said.

       "Okay. Since stealing the seal is the most subtle thing if we don't get caught, you two should go first to steal the seal. Then, Cedric can go and burn down the ships. Me and Ella should stay nearby the manor of the government official. If things get hairy and combat breaks out, we'll be there." Zerai said.

       "I can do that." Ella said.

       "Is there anything I should do?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "What kind of magic are you capable of?" Zerai asked.

       "Well, mostly radiant magic, a bit of fire, as well as some healing." Ara' Sei said.

       "Alright, you can stay with us in case combat breaks out when we're stealing the seal." Zerai said.

       "I need to meditate tomorrow morning in order to prepare myself for what we're going to do." Cedric said.

       "In which case, we'll execute this plan tomorrow night." Zerai smiled confidently.

       "Yes, we'll execute it tomorrow night. After everything's been done, where are we going to meet back up?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "I suppose we could meet back here. If we can pull this off, they won't think they'll find the masterminds here. Alright everyone. Get ready for tomorrow night in any ways possible, it's going to be high stakes, and getting caught isn't something we can do. I'm glad I can work with you guys. Tomorrow before sunset, let's all meet here and get ready to initiate the plan." Everyone nodded. Everyone was nervous and uncertain about what would happen the night after.