Chapter 144

The next morning, Ara' Sei awoke in the room the group had rented for the night. Ella was the only other person in the room. Ara' Sei touched her face, and she felt dried tear streaks.

       Over the next half hour, the rest of the group gradually woke up. All of them felt much better after the rest. With the help of the healing magic, most of the burns had been healed. But, Zerai now had a massive scar on his chest, and Ella had more burn scars across her chest. Neither of them seemed to pay them any mind, though.

       The group met downstairs in the cafe, where Ara' Sei once again received many stares. When they all finished their meal, they went outside. The group was greeted by yet more stares. Usually they knew to stop looking when Ella gave them a dirty look in return.

       They all walked to the burnt remains of the cathedral of Solan.

       "Well, it's going to take a while to rebuild this, but, it's not your responsibility. Don't worry about me, I've got contacts all across Theros, and now I'm powerful enough as a cleric to message them. But, if you ever need help, I'll be here. It was great getting a chance to fight alongside such wonderful people." Roya said. They hugged each member of the group individually, and they gifted Ara' Sei a pendant.

       "I remember when I first saw you in a vision months before you actually arrived. In that vision, Solan told me you were a shooting star. So very brief and quickly passing, yet too bright and brilliant to ever ignore. If you need me or Solan, I'll be here in Oarshear. Good luck out there, friends." Roya said. Then, they walked away, leaving the group alone.

       The group left the city without Roya, and it was strange being without them. The group walked to the tree that Cedric had found several miles outside the city.

       On the ground near the tree, the group sat in a circle.

       "Well, Ara' Sei, have you got another vision?" Eris asked. Ara' Sei shook her head.

       "I'm afraid that was the last one, but I learned plenty, and the last thing I was told is that I would be able to move forward. And... my visions haven't been wrong just yet." Ara' Sei said, trying desperately to sound more confident than she actually was.

       "Alright. In other words, we don't have anywhere we need to go, unless someone has personal reasons they want to go somewhere." Zerai said. There was a moment of silence that fell over the group.

       "There... is something I would like to do." Cedric said.

       "What is it?" Zerai asked.

       "I... may have said this before. But, the reason I first ran away from the Northern Woods down to Cresselbrooke is because druids from my circle were disappearing. Thing is, it just keeps gnawing at the back of my mind. And now, I think we might just be powerful enough to take on whatever's doing it." Cedric said.

       "That sounds like a plan." Eris said, putting their hand on Cedric's shoulder.

       "Okay, does anyone have any objections to what Cedric wants to do?" Zerai asked. Everyone glanced at one another, but soon it was clear no one had any objections to make.

       "Alright, well, in that case we do know what we're doing next." Zerai declared.