Chapter 142

The group decided to go back to Aaron's manor. Aaron had spent all of his resources and guards fighting the group, so no one was left to defend it.

       To the group, and mostly Ella's delight, there was plenty of money. Additionally, there was a treasure trove of bizarre magical items.

       One room in the manor was filled with potions. There were four healing potions, each in a tiny vial, the liquid itself was a bright red color. There were two bottles filled with an invisible liquid, and Eris was able to confirm that they were potions of invisibility. There was also a potion bottle filled with red liquid that pulsed with light, somewhat similar to a heartbeat. Eris didn't know what it was. The group gave all the potions to Ella, as it took little effort for her to carry things.

       Eris decided to loot some of Aaron's arcane tomes from his study. Ara' Sei decided to find a backup supply of objects that could be used as an arcane focus. Zerai searched for weapons of magical significance. Cedric simply followed Eris, for he had no interest in the arcane magical items. Ella went to look for any money she could find. Roya decided to wait outside the manor.

       Eris was easily able to find three arcane tomes that satisfied them before stowing them away. Ara' Sei was also successful, and to her amazement, she found the necklace that she had originally used as an arcane focus. She put it back on and put her new ring away. As hard as he tried, Zerai couldn't find any magical weapons.

       Ella was delighted when she found an abundance of gold. Being a powerful wizard was an expensive endeavor, and Aaron was well equipped for it. Ella was easily able to find over three thousand gold coins. Despite the sheer number of them, she was still managing to carry it.

       The group including Roya met near the door. Roya requested a thousand gold to aid in the repair of the cathedral, which the group was more than willing to do. The remaining two thirds of the gold was distributed around the five other group members.

       Ella gave Eris two of the healing potions and kept one for herself. Eris kept the rest of the potions as well.

       Then, the group left Aaron's manor, now with additional equipment.

       "So, Roya, what are you going to do now?" Zerai asked.

       "Well, I'm far more powerful than I have been in the past. It's clear that the Atheiran clergy was corrupt. Some of our other government officials are probably dead. Thankfully, I have a spell that can send messages over any distance to anyone in the world. I have a contact in Solan's clergy over in Point Sathus, so I'll probably ask for help from them. Otherwise, I'm going to start putting this gold I've got to work on a new cathedral. It's going to be... a process." Roya explained.

       "Are you going to need help in the meantime?" Zerai asked.

       "No, I know I can do this. I'll get whatever officials are left and unite with them. Most of them were threatened to join Aaron, so they'll prefer not to work for him. I know enough people, people who can help. But, you've all been very helpful." Roya said.

       The group stayed in Oarshear for the night. In the inn, Ara' Sei got many stares. Clearly the news of what had happened had spread around the town. After all the kidnapping, fighting, and uncertainty, the group could finally rest.