Chapter 55

As the sun rose further and further from the other side of the island, there was more wind, and the anchor was lifted.

       "Where are we going to take all of them?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "I was thinking Erathir, anyone can disappear in Erathir." Zerai said.

       "It's a big city, are you sure they can manage without money?" Cedric asked.

       "I can give them some money." Ara' Sei said.

       "Alright, as long as you have money and you stay on your toes there, you're fine." Cedric said.

       "Alright, so we're going to Erathir, then what?" Zerai asked.

       "My visions told me to go North once I found you and had helped you." Ara' Sei answered.

       "North? More North than Erathir?" Zerai asked. Ara' Sei nodded.

       "It said to go North until I reached the last sliver of civilization." Ara' Sei added. Zerai pondered for a moment.

       "North until the last sliver of civilization." Zerai whispered.

       "The northernmost place where civilization exists is Point Frost." Eris interjected.

       "Point Frost?!?!?" Zerai shouted. Ara' Sei's eyes widened.

       "But... that's over a thousand miles away!" Ara' Sei added.

       "Well, it's the farthest North you can really go to still have civilization." Eris said.

       "It's just... that's really far. We can go to Erathir on the way, but it's going to take a long time to get to Point Frost." Zerai said, pacing back and fourth across the deck.

       "Well, let's get the others to Erathir first, there I can give them some money." Ara' Sei said. Over the next week, Cedric used his magic to feed everyone on board. At the end of the journey, the group stopped in a natural harbor a few miles away from Erathir. There, Ara' Sei gave two gold to each of the fifteen people they had rescued. Cedric guided them along the coast towards the city before leaving them be. Zerai recommended that they all stay together if possible, and then the party left. Ara' Sei was unsure of what would happen to the former slaves.

       "You've given them a chance, that's all you can give for now." She whispered to herself.

       The five who remained on the massive ship met up to talk about the journey to Point Frost.

       "From here, the journey to Frost Point is about seven hundred miles." Eris said.

       "Yes, and at this time of the year it's still freezing up there, so how are we going to survive?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "I have magic that could help protect us from the cold, but it is heavily limited." Cedric said.

       "Alright, Ara' Sei, are you certain your visions pointed to Point Frost?" Zerai asked.

       "I'm certain. They led me to you, and now they're telling me to go to Point Frost." Ara' Sei answered confidently.

        "Her visions can be trusted. They led her to us, then to you. I trust them!" Ella added.

       "Very well. In which case, the journey there will be well over two weeks at sea. Thankfully, Cedric can make us food. Cedric, we will need you more than ever up there." Zerai said.

       "Why can't we stop in Erathir to get coats or other gear?" Cedric asked.

       "We're criminals, we can't leave a trail." Zerai said.

        "Honestly, Frost Point is probably our best bet. It'll be hard to follow us there. And at this point of the year the seas there are still dangerous." Zerai said.

       "That's the thing, this ship probably isn't designed for those kinds of waters. We could easily find ourselves sinking in freezing waters." Eris pointed out.

       "We have to go. My visions demand it. They've gotten us this far. They've gotten me this far, I don't expect them to fail now." Ara' Sei said. Zerai and Ella nodded.

       "She's right, I was led to her by visions from higher powers, and I trust her words have merit." Zerai said.

       "Well, let's get on our way to Point Frost then!" Ella shouted with glee.