Chapter 61

"Okay! What next?!" Ella asked. Cedric looked around at the sea of icebergs and flows that surrounded all of them.

       "I'm not entirely sure, but let's figure that out." Zerai said.

       "We can't progress on foot because many of the icebergs here are too small for all of us to walk on, but we can't move with the ship because they're also too big." Eris pointed out with frustration.

       "How many times can you do that flying thing again?" Ara' Sei asked Zerai.

       "Well, I think I can do it one more time. After that, I can do it two more times if I take a short break." Zerai explained.

       "Wait... We could make some serious progress with Zerai's magic. If we could transport our whole group like that three more times, we'll probably be in a place where there are even more icebergs." Eris said, their eyes lighting up.

       "Okay, so I'm using my spell on me and Ella again, right?" Zerai asked. Eris nodded in response.

       "Alright, the spell only lasts ten minutes though, so we'll have to make as much distance as we can from it." Zerai warned.

       "I'll turn into a shark again and try to swim with you guys overhead, it might be a bit hard for me to keep up though." Cedric said, before leaping off the iceberg. Zerai approached Ella.

        "You take Eris, I'll take Ara' Sei." Zerai commanded.

       "Alright!" Ella responded. Zerai cast the spell, so that him and Ella now had spectral angelic wings. The two of them picked up their other party members before taking flight. Using the position of the sun, they were all quickly able to tell which way was North. They flew North with the great speed that was granted by Zerai's magic. After a few minutes, Ara' Sei was able to spot a large, table-like iceberg. The group beelined towards it, and were able to land on it before the spell expired.

       "How long until you're able to do it again?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Just an hour."

       "An hour?! We can only do that twice an hour?!" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Well... yeah. Unfortunately it's the best we've got, sorry that I run out of magic quickly." Zerai said. A few minutes passed lazily before Cedric swam up to the iceberg and transformed back into his normal form.

       "Alright, I have just one spell that might be able to move this iceberg for a little while. But, I can only use it once for now." Cedric explained.

       "Go ahead!" Ella said. Cedric took a deep breath, then spread his arms outward. He muttered an incantation. Then, as he moved his arms, the water moved in sync, flowing around the iceberg and causing it to wobble awkwardly in the water. Cedric pointed both of his arms forward, and the water on one side began to rise, causing the iceberg to surge forward. A current at the forefront of the iceberg pushed the chunks of ice floating in the water out of the way. Cedric had his eyes closed, and occasionally he would continue to whisper. The group now had a way forward, a way they could go on without a ship. But, how long would it take to get to Point Frost?