Chapter 193

The second day went by without issue. So did the third, and the fourth, and the fifth. By the sixth day, the group was wondering if this really was an endless desert. Nothing looked different. It was still rolling, gray dunes of gray dust. What was this the truth of?

       However, on the seventh day of monotonous travelling, and endless gray dunes. Something was different. Everyone noticed it immediately. Any difference in the environment felt jarring.

       A shape, in the distance, it was rapidly approaching. It was dark, winged, and massive. Cedric flew to the ground, and everyone followed suit. With an emerald flash, everyone transformed back.

       "What is it?" Ella asked.

       "It's a dragon! But it's black in color, it has glowing purple eyes, it's... unnaturally dark in color." Cedric said.

       "No idea what it is! What did we learn from the last dragon?!" Zerai asked.

       "Split up so it can't hit all of us with its breath attack." Eris said. Everyone quickly ran so that everyone was split apart. The dragon was about the same size as the previous one the group had fought, but its jaw was more robust, and it had one horn sticking from its upper jaw. Then, its mouth began to glow, and it unleashed a bolt of violet colored lightning upon Ella.

       The bolt struck Ella in the chest and she was sent to the ground. A massive black hole had been burnt there.

       "Don't get hit by that!" Ella shouted. She sprung up to her feet with her blade at the ready, but the dragon was flying and she was helpless to defend herself against it.

       Ara' Sei pointed her hand at the dragon and let a beacon build at her fingertips. Then, she released the pale, brightly glowing beacon of light flying at the dragon. But, it sailed wide as Ara' Sei was panicking. The group hadn't had a fight for some time, and the sudden change of pace was jarring.

       Zerai lifted his sword high and a pillar of flame slammed into the dragon. The dragon roared as it was hit, and its flight staggered slightly but it was still flying over the group after hitting Ella.

       Eris ran after the flying dragon and carved a flying glyph into the air. As the lightning bolt was unleashed, it hit the dragon perfectly, but had no effect.

       Brie carved a small, pale blue glyph into the air. A thin ray of pale blue light fired at the dragon. But, it bounced harmlessly off the dragon's scales. She ran in the opposite direction of the dragon in response.

       Cedric pulled the golden wand from the pocket he kept it in and pointed it towards the dragon. The tip of the wand glowed, and a red bead of light flew at the dragon. An explosion of fire detonated along the dragon's side, and it roared with pain.

       The dragon turned back around, and began flying back towards the group. Its head was pointed at Cedric. As it flew towards Cedric, its eyes glowed with greater intensity and it roared.

       Everyone felt a magical influence go over them. Their hands began to tremble, and sweat began dripping down their backs. Everyone except for Brie, Cedric, and Eris, began running from the dragon.

       The dragon landed in front of Cedric, and its jaws flew forward. The teeth clamped around Cedric, and their mere touch withered Cedric's flesh. Then, two claws raked out from nowhere. Crimson was sent flying across the sand, and Cedric was knocked to the floor with massive, bloody gashes in his chest.

       Ella and Ara' Sei continued running, still unable to fight the magical influence that had come over them. Then, Ella stopped running, and was able to turn around.

       "You annoying, wretched creature." Ella cursed as she turned back around.

       Eris ran towards the dragon. Cedric was right there, on the ground bleeding, and no one else was close enough to help.