Chapter 137

Aaron lifted his wand, and pointed it towards the group again, the tip flashed, and a bead of light flew from the wand.

       Cedric, Ella, and Zerai were subjected to the wrath of the explosion. Cedric and Zerai dove away from the explosion's center, but Ella was hit by the full force, and almost knocked to the ground.

       Zerai's whole body was shaking, and he was covered with burns. But, he raised his blade to the sky, and from above radiant fire struck down his adversaries, turning them to ash in a flash of golden flames.

       Zerai's arms shook as he brought the blade back down. However, some of his burns did begin to heal over with a glow of golden light.

       Despite his efforts, there were still warriors that pushed back against him. With the strike of a blade, Zerai fell back onto the ground.

       Under their breath, Roya muttered a prayer to Solan, and Zerai's eyes fluttered open. Then, armed with their mace, they charged forward. They struck one of Zerai's assailants with their mace, and they stood over him to protect him.

       Roya was able to glance most of the blows against them off of their armor, but one did impact, and they barely managed to remain standing. Their vision was going blurry, and their blood was pouring onto the ground from their urns.

       The Atheiran cleric extended her hand forward, and blue radiant flames burst around Roya. But, Roya stepped aside, avoiding being scorched by the divine flames.

       Ella charged forward, using her momentum to bring her massive blade through her opponents. She helped Roya to fight off Zerai's attackers, and for the moment, they remained back.

       Cedric stepped forward and brought his hands apart. Emerald light encircled the entire group, and all of their wounds began to heal from the vitality. Burns began to heal, and gouges began to mend.

       Then, Aaron lifted his wand once again, and pointed it at the group. His lips curled into a smile.

       "Well, look at this, you've all been whittled down before me. Now, please be incinerated." Aaron said. The tip of the wand glowed, and a bead of light flew towards the group.

       The explosion engulfed the entire group briefly in flames. When the flames, smoke, and dust settled, everyone was badly burnt. Roya's mace rolled across the ground, and they lay on the floor, barely breathing. Their face was covered in burns of both fiery and divine origin.

       Zerai was holding on by a thread once again. He raised his blade to the sky, and it began to glow. Aaron sighed with frustration.

       "As usual, you all continued to be a thorn in my side." Aaron said.

       Roya's eyes fluttered open as some of their burns began to heal over with a glow of golden light.

       Then, a column of golden fire struck down the last of the front line warriors. The barely surviving group now stood in a ring of ashen corpses. Suddenly, the battle had taken a turn for the better. But would they be able to preserve the sudden lead?