Chapter 118

"Okay! We seriously can't be fighting this many people!" Ara' Sei shouted. Eris ducked into a nearby alley.

       "Well, unless we've got a way out we don't have a choice!" Ella responded as she once again charged at the guards. Within seconds, she had cut down two of the guards.

       "I have one spell left to use for flying!" Zerai said. As he swung his blade through the air, three bolts of light flew towards one guard. The guard was knocked to the floor by the barrage.

       Cedric extended his hand. As he drew his hand through the air, a burning orb of fire carved through the ground. Where it carved, a wall of pure flames sprung up. The flames stretched high into the air. Two of the guards were turned to ash, but the two remaining were able to leap out of the way just in time before they were killed.

       "I can transform into an eagle and carry one of us!" Cedric shouted.

       "I can make three of us fly!" Zerai said. However, as the group attempted to converse, the guards commenced their attack. Two went after Ella, two went after Zerai, and the remaining two left alive went after Cedric.

       Ella glanced the first thrust off her armor, but she took the second one to the shoulder. The first attack against Cedric hit him in the ribs, but the second guard was still too shocked from the wall of flames to put up much of a fight. Zerai suffered both blows that the guards put into him.

       Ara' Sei extended her hand forward at one of the guards attacking Zerai. Fire flowed down her arm, and a flaming spear struck the guard down.

       "We need to get out of here. Zerai, make it so me, you, and Ella can fly! Cedric can take care of Eris!' Ara' Sei shouted. Then, she began approaching Zerai.

       With a puff of mist, Eris appeared behind one of the guards that was locked onto Ella and backstabbed them. Ella finished off her last assailant before approaching Zerai and finishing off his last attacker.

       "She's right, we need to go. If about twenty of them swarm us we might be in trouble." Ella said.

       "Alright." Zerai agreed. He placed his hands on both Ella's and Ara' Sei's shoulders. Pale, ghostly, and angelic wings sprouted from their backs.

       Cedric extended his arm forward, and with a flash of emerald light and the sound of surging thunder, his two last foes were knocked to the ground.

       Ara' Sei, Ella, and Zerai took to the sky with their newly found wings. Cedric transformed into a massive eagle, picked up Eris, and flew away after his friends.

       After around ten minutes, the group had transformed back to their normal selves. They were running along the beach near the waves so their footprints would get washed away. They ran for around half an hour before finding a sand dune they could hide behind. By using some of the seeds he had saved up, Cedric was able to magically grow food within an hour.

       Then, the party reached an uncomfortable, nervous state of sleep.