Chapter 197

Cedric pointed his finger at the dragon, and the storm cloud crackled with power. Another bolt from the cloud struck the dragon. Then, Cedric muttered a word beneath his breath, and Zerai's body glowed with emerald light, and his eyes fluttered open.

       The dragon spun around and dove towards Eris. The dragon's body flashed with power, and everyone felt that same magical influence come over them. But, Eris stood there valiantly. As did Ella and Cedric. Brie and Ara' Sei felt the influence grip them, and they fought the urge to turn tail and run.

       The dragon's jaws lunged outwards towards Eris. Eris lunged backwards, and the jaws only skimmed them. The teeth seemed to wither them, but the ring they wore glowed brightly, resisting the effect.

       The two taloned feet of the dragon also swung out towards them. They raked across Eris' chest, and they lunged backwards.

       Ara' Sei was just able to fight the urge with everything she had, and she resisted the effect placed upon her before spinning around to face the battlefield.

       The dragon's tail slammed down onto Eris, and Eris heard a crack from one of their shoulders.

       Despite her dire condition, Ella charged forward with her blade, not caring for her own safety. Three fluid strikes carved into the creature's neck. Black blood spilled onto the gray, dusty ground. The tail of the dragon slammed Ella back and she went rolling along the ground.

       Eris' hand crackled with electricity. They extended their hand outward to strike the dragon, but the dragon pulled its head back with a growl.

       Zerai ran towards the dragon. Ella's body glowed with golden light as he raised his blade. Her eyes fluttered open once again. From Zerai's blade, three bolts of light flew towards the dragon. But, all of them bounced harmlessly off the dragon's scales.

       The dragon's tail smashed into Eris once again. They fell to their knees and coughed blood from the impact.

       Brie fought the effect as best as she could, but she still couldn't fight it.

       Cedric unleashed another bolt of lightning from above at the dragon. Then, he muttered another word beneath his breath, and Eris' body glowed with emerald light.

       The dragon growled and then continued its advance onto Eris. First, it swiped its left claw across Eris' stomach. Then, the jaw lunged forward, but Eris leapt back before it could clamp them. But, the dragon's other claws raked upwards across Eris' face, and they were flung to the ground.

       Ara' Sei ran forward and extended her hands towards Eris. Their body glowed with pale light, and the wounds on their face were completely healed. Then, Ara' Sei pointed her finger towards the dragon, and its head burst into radiant flames. But, the dragon seemed annoyed rather than hurt.

       Its tail slammed into Eris' rib, and they heard another painful crack. Then, they collapsed to the ground, too weak to stand.

       Ella ran forward with her blade. Two of her slashes found their mark, but the last one skidded off the dragon's ebony scales.

       The tail of the dragon slammed onto Eris' slumped form. Cedric screamed.

       Then, the tail of the creature whirled around towards Ella. It slammed into her chest, and somehow, she still stood.

       Zerai charged forward with his blade upon the dragon. Only one of the strikes was able to land onto it. Then, Eris' body began to glow with golden light, and their wounds began to heal.

       Brie was just barely able to fight the dragon's influence over her, but it took everything she had to do so. She wiped the sweat from her brow and prepared to carve the same glyph again.

       Cedric brought another bolt of lightning down upon the dragon. Then, he muttered a word beneath his breath and Eris' wounds more fully healed.

       The dragon's throat was just barely beginning to glow. It wasn't ready yet, but soon the dragon would use its breath weapon once again.