Chapter 200

Silence was all that remained of the battle. The dust of the dragon blew away slowly in the barely present wind. For several minutes, no one could say a thing. Then, Ara' Sei managed a deep breath, and stepped forward.

       "What are we going to do now?" Ara' Sei asked. The temptation to lay in the dust and cry was ever present, but Ara' Sei rejected the thought.

       "What is there to do?" Cedric asked.

       "I'm certain that we can think of something." Ara' Sei said.

       "Well, is there other magic that can bring back someone from..." Eris started.

       "Yes, there is." Brie said.

       "Where could we find it?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Probably in Point Sathus, there are powerful clerics who probably possess that kind of power." Brie said.

       "Do you know anything else about it?" Ara' Sei asked, crouching in front of Brie.

       "We won't be able to do it. It needs to be done within ten days of death, and you need the body." Brie said.

       "Is there any alternative?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "Not that I know if, and if there was, I don't know about anyone with that kind of power." Brie said.

       "Alright. In that case, we have ten days to get out of this plane and get to Point Sathus." Ara' Sei said.

       "There's no way we can do that?! We don't even know how to get out of the plane, let alone to Point Sathus in that time!" Eris said.

       "Maybe you're right. But I'm not giving up, not yet. If there is a chance, we have to try." Ara' Sei said. She looked to Brie.

       "Where did the dragon fly from?" Ara' Sei asked.

       "I think that way." Brie replied, pointing into the distance.

       "Okay, are you all with me on this?" Ara' Sei asked. There was a moment of silence where Ara' Sei desperately looked around.

       "I'm on board." Zerai said.

       "So am I." Cedric said.

       "I'll do my best!" Brie said.

       "Very well, I hope this all turns out okay." Eris said.

       The group used Zerai's cloak that he had bought in Point Sathus to gather the withered ashes of Ella. Then, they set out in the direction the dragon had flown in from.

       They went to rest several hours later, and when they woke up, everyone felt that sensation of heightened resilience. That marked the beginning of the twelfth day that the group had been in the strange desert plane. And it marked another, far more important point as well.

       There were only nine days left to get back to Point Sathus and to find a cleric. 

Author's Note: Hello, as some of you may know, Wattpad only allows 200 parts to a story. If you want to continue reading Converging Destinies, I've created a Part 2. Thank you for your understanding!