jiang yanli x lan!reader 🌺࿐

▶ Requested by - Parseltongue_R  

▶ Slight angst and fluff 

▶ Female Reader 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] was quite the bookworm. She loved to read and hole herself up in the library or her room. She was fine with her life and wasn't interested in romance. She never wanted to get married and she also never wanted to get into cultivation. She didn't like fighting because it only brought despair and heartbreak. 

[Y/N] was trying, keyword trying, to walk calmly and not run because she had an armful of books and scrolls but ended up bumping into someone. They both crashed to the floor. "Ack-" [Y/N] yelped as she fell to the floor. All her books and scrolls scattered onto the floor. 

She felt a little dizzy with the sudden force and gingerly touched her head as her vision cleared. She looked up to see a women on the floor with two men on either side of her helping her up. Once man was dressed in all purple and the other was dressed in red and black. The women was in purple and pink. [Y/N] stood up shakily and smoothed out her clothes and fixed her headband a little. 

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" The women, who [Y/N] had bumped in too, came rushing over to her side to make sure she was okay. [Y/N] stared at her and felt heat flare to her cheeks. She quickly ducked her head and started to pick up her scattered books and scrolls. 

"No its my fault.. I wasn't looking where I was going." She bowed. "I'm sorry." The man in red and black started to laugh a little. "Aiya! See Shijie! I told you all Lans are like this!" He sighed dramatically. 

"Here let me help you." The girl leaned down and started to help [Y/N] pick up her books and scrolls. 

"T-Thank you.." [Y/N] blushed and ran off to the library where she tried and failed to calm her beating heart. 'What is wrong with me?' She thought as she tried to focus on the book she decided to read. 'Why am I feeling like this.. D-do I have a fever? My face is flushed but my heart feels nice.. warm even..' 

The three just stood there slightly stunned at how fast the Lan girl had ran off. "Hey Jiang Cheng, isn't running forbidden here?" Wei Wuxian asked turning to his purple friend. Jiang Cheng nodded which made Wei Wuxian laugh. "She just broke a rule! A Lan just broke a rule!" 

Jiang Yanli just stared at where the strange Lan had run off too. She was lost in thought. She had never seen someone with [E/C] before. Those [E/C] eyes really interested her. 

"A-Cheng, Xian, I am going to go somewhere. I will be back soon." She said but she didn't think that the two males heard her as they started to argue over something.