jiang cheng x assassin!reader 🍇࿐

▶ Requested by no one 

▶ Angst?? Er slow burn?

▶ Female reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Jiang Cheng had barely closed the door of his bedchambers, when he is faced with a sword at his throat. He's angry and maybe even slightly amused because someone dared to try and kill him in his own home, in his own bedroom. 

But when he looked up to see who held the sword he was surprised. 

"Its.. you.." He muttered, eyes narrowing. 

He had seen the familiar [H/C] hair a lot these past few days, a lingering shadow in between his meetings, lunches, outings and more. The last time he saw the [H/C] haired girl, she was dressed in servants clothing. Now, however, she is donned in all black, a black veil doing a pretty crappy job at concealing her identity. Or maybe Jiang Cheng had just been paying too much attention to her lately. Nonetheless, he won't ever forget those fierce [E/C] eyes. 

The [H/C] haired girl noticed that the Clan Leader already recognized her so she just ripped the stupid veil off. She never liked it anyway. 

Jiang Cheng takes on a full view of of face, [S/C] skin with fierce [E/C] eyes that went well with her [H/C] hair and the murder in her eyes was much more clearer now. 

"I can only promise that this will be painless." Came her monotone voice. It surprised him slightly. She reminded Jiang Cheng of Lan Wangji. 

He quickly grabs the sword, the sharp blade digs into his skin as he grabbed her arm with his other hand and twisted it behind her. She made no noise of pain as he held her down. Her body pressing against the door and him behind her, his body pressing against hers. Some might say that if they just read this without context it would sound wrong and maybe even a bit sexy. 

"Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you?!" He demanded, his grip on her arm made her wince ever so slightly and the sword dropped from her hand and clattered to the floor with a 'clang'. 

The [H/C] haired female stayed silent. 

"Speak! Who sent you? Was it Wei Wuxian?" He yelled, but still kept his voice quiet as to not alert the guards. 

"No. This Wei Wuxian you speak of didn't send me. The pay was good." Was all she said. 

He momentarily was lost in thought and his grip slightly loosened. The [H/C] haired assassin wasted no time and quickly threw her head back. The sharp pain in his head made him snap out of his thoughts and completely let go on the female. She quickly picked up her sword and jumped out the open window. 

Jiang Cheng gripped his head in pain. He managed to open his eyes a little only to see that the female was gone along with her sword. He growled in anger and pain. 

[Y/N] didn't stop running until she was very very far away from the main estate. She panted slightly and gripped the handle of her sword tightly. 

Her first meeting with the Clan Leader and first failed assassination made her start second guessing her way of living. 

She would admit that if the Clan Leader didn't have such a temper she probably would date the poor man, he was hot after all. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I honestly don't know what it is but I just have been in a mood to write JC one shots even though I don't really like the man- 

Completed : 7/20/2021