lan wangji x lan!reader ❄️࿐

▶ Requested by - @zLanWuxian 

▶ Fluff and angst? 

▶ Female reader

[Y/N] is a Lan disciple along with Lan Wangji's girlfriend and Wei Wuxian falls in love with her 😃

▶ This is a parallel to the last oneshot 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Lan Zhan, it's nice to see you again, did you enjoy your secluded mediation?" [Y/N] smiled at the male who had surprised her. She was in the middle of practicing her music when he had come. It was a shock but not unexpected. 

"Mn." He offered a small smile. [Y/N] set her guqin aside and stood, smoothing her white robes. She walked over to the much taller male and hugged him gently. He returned it, burying his face into the crook of his neck. He had missed this. 

"Its nice to see you again, lessons are starting up again soon, that means you could make some friends your age." [Y/N] smiled, letting the Lan go. Lan Wangji looked away, clearly not too happy about the whole thing. 

"Don't be like that!" [Y/N] playfully chided him, placing a gentle hand on his cheek, forcing him to look at her. His ears slowly started to grow red. [Y/N], thankfully, didn't notice. 

"It would do you some good to get some friends, then you won't be so lonely!" 

"..But I have you.." Lan Wangji muttered, placing a hand on top of hers. 

[Y/N] smiled, giggling softly. "But it doesn't hurt, love." Lan Wangji's ears became redder at the pet name. [Y/N] had in fact noticed his red ears. 

"Just promised me you'll try." 

"Mn..." 

"Thank you A-Zhan." [Y/N] smiled a closed eye smile. Her [E/C] eyes shining. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Next time I won't wait for you!" Jiang Cheng huffed. Wei Wuxian smiled childishly at him as he quickly tied his hair up into its usual high ponytail. "Oh, Jiang Cheng! Don't be like that!" 

They both paused as they watched two Lans walk by, posture stiff and straight. One was female and the other male. The male was noticeably taller than the female. He had brown hair and chilling golden eyes. He wore the normal white Lan robes with his forehead ribbon that had clouds on it, a sword at his hip. His face was monotone. The female wore the same white robes along with a forehead ribbon, she too had a sword at her side. She had stunningly beautiful [H/C] hair that glowed in the weak morning sunlight and shining [E/C] eyes. A soft smile was present on her lips as they walked by, holding hands. 

Wei Wuxian blinked owlishly at her and nearly fell off the bridge. 

Jiang Cheng watched them go, eyes narrowed. He knew exactly how Wei Wuxian would react. He, however, did not know how Lan Wangji himself would react. 

"Whose.. that...?" Wei Wuxian muttered, breathlessly. Jiang Cheng might not have heard him if he hadn't been waiting for the male to speak. 

"That is Lan [Y/N]." Jiang Cheng crossed his arms over his chest, wanting to sigh. He knew where this was going to go and it wasn't going to end well. Someone would end up severely hurt. "She is Second Young Master Lans beloved. They are engaged already." Jiang Cheng emphasized the word 'engaged', hoping to maybe get it through Wei Wuxian's thick skull not to mess with the two happy lovers. Jiang Cheng paused his train of thought and scoffed. Like that would ever happen. "I'm surprised that you hadn't heard yet, with you being buddies with the Lan." 

Wei Wuxian was silent for a moment. His emotions were fighting on the inside of him as he tried to focus on what Jiang Cheng was saying. His steely grey eyes narrowed, in anger and confusion. How did such a cold male get such a warm lover? 

"How did a fuddy-duddy like himself get such a warm lover?" Wei Wuxian decided to voice some of his thoughts. 

Jiang Cheng snapped his head to Wei Wuxian immediately. 

"Now, you listen here, Wei Wuxian." He practically growled, jabbing a finger into the males chest. "Don't you dare mess with them! And go dragging the Jiang Clan with you! You hear me! Just stay away from them! They're happy and don't need any of your input!" Wei Wuxian froze and blinked, confused, at Jiang Cheng. Since when did he care? 

"What makes you think that Jiang Cheng?" Wei Wuxian asked, grinning innocently. On the inside, however, his mind was broken. He had actually liked the female Lan for awhile now. Not once had he heard a word of the twos engagement. 

Jiang Cheng narrowed his eyes in warning and growled. "You better listen to me this time, Wei Wuxian! This is important to them!" 

Wei Wuxian still couldn't believe that this was the same Jiang Cheng that he had known all his life. Since when did he care?! 

Wei Wuxian raised his hands in mock surrender. "Alright! Alright! Calm down!" 

Jiang Cheng scowled at him before walking away. 

Wei Wuxian lowered his hands and smirked. He totally wasn't going to listen to an angry grape.  

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I love that gif >///< 

▶ I hope you like it even if it is a little on the short side, I didn't know what else to add

▶ Fun Fact: I actually planned to write this and the last one in one night and post them at the same time-

Completed : 8/25/2021