lan wangji x spy!reader ❄️࿐

modern au - spy au

modern au - spy au

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Spicy fluff with angst 

▶ Female reader :) 

▶ Setting - [Y/N] is a spy and is sent to a gala that is being held to try and steal something. It is a masquerade ball which should make things easier but [Y/N] ends up dancing with an enemy, they share a kiss while also dancing. In the end [Y/N] gets away but they both gained something that night.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Lan Wangji looked over and saw an unfamiliar female with [H/C] hair, [E/C] eyes, and [S/C] skin. He furrowed his brows in confusion. He had never seen her around before. She was dressed in a red gown with a dark mask covering her eyes, her lips were painted red. She was standing alone, glass of wine in hand. 

[Y/N] was bored. She had been sent on this mission to go and steal this rare item but now that she was actually here, it was boring and dull. Just some stupid gala. She sighed and took another sip of her dark wine. 

Then she spotted a male in a white tuxedo with a white mask over his golden eyes. Her eyes lit up. He was hot! She smirked, quickly finishing the rest of her wine. [Y/N] made her way over to him. 

"Hey," A voice came from behind her making her jump, turning around. It was the male from before. "Ah, yes?" She smiled regaining her persona. "Would you.. like to dance... you seemed lonely.." He looked awkward, like he had never done something like this before. He gently placed his hand out for her to take. 

'Ah... lonely isn't the right word.. more like bored..' She thought. [Y/N] smiled brightly and happily took his hand.

 "I would love too! And you're right, I am quite lonely here

 "I would love too! And you're right, I am quite lonely here." She lied and he lead her onto the dance floor, the music started up just in time. 

They started out slow, moving awkwardly, but soon they got comfortable with each other and started to grow closer as they danced. 

"What is your name?" [Y/N] asked smiling softly. 

"Lan Wangji.." 

"I'm [Y/N], it's nice to meet you Lan Wangji." They spun around fast, her red gown flew out from the force. 

"Your quite the dancer, I must say." [Y/N] commented. 

"I have never seen you around," Lan Wangji stated in a monotone voice. "What brings you here tonight?" 

[Y/N]'s smile turned into a smirk. "I just wanted to have some fun, you know? Dance maybe get a date..." She trialed off, glancing at the clock outside the window. 

He narrowed his hot golden eyes at her. "You lie." He muttered in a low voice. 

[Y/N]'s eyebrows raised in surprise before they lowered and her expression turned dark. Her [E/C] eyes narrowed as she smirked. They twirled again, her [H/C] hair flew out and around them. 

"What if I do? What does it matter to you?" She asked, leaning closer to him. He tense, breath caught in his throat. What would he do? Why does it matter so much to him? His brain went blank. 

[Y/N]'s eyes widened. 

Her cheeks turned rosy while her ears burned. 

'H-Hes kissing me?!' She screamed in her head. 

True to her word, Lan Wangji had caught her lips with his as they danced, they had never stopped and continued to dance even with their lips connected. Many other couples stopped dancing to stop and stare at them. Some clapped while others whistled. 

Lan Wangji pulled away as he dipped her downwards. The music slowly came to a complete stop. Their faces were still quite close though as he stared intently into her wide [E/C] eyes. Her mouth was slightly parted, her breath was uneven as she tried to catch her breath, cheeks flushed, and eyes wide along with ears burning. Lan Wangji's ears were also burning. His lips stained red as he had taken some of her lipstick with him. 

They both said nothing. 

Without warning, the lights went out. 

Lan Wangji felt the weight in his arms lifted and disappear altogether. He straightened. When the lights came on [Y/N] was gone. He looked around the ballroom, eyes narrowed. She was gone. 

[Y/N] panted as she frantically wiped away the remaining lipstick on her lips, smearing it onto her cheek. Her face was still red and her ears were still burning. 'How could he?! H-he just stole my first kiss.!' She threw her heels aside and quickly climbed into her car, turning it on. With that she quickly drove away. 

Lan Wangji stared out the window, smirking. She was his now. And nothing would ever change that. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I decided to try something different since the Wen Qing and Lan Xichen spy!reader ones were so similar. I figured I might as well try something different for this one :) 

▶ Hope you like it! Also thank you so much for all the support and nice comments <3 

Completed : 8/12/2021