lan xichen x spy!reader 🍵࿐

modern au - spy au

modern au - spy au

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff ? with angst :') ?

▶ Female reader

▶ Setting - [Y/N] is a spy and is sent to a gala that is being held to try and steal something. It is a masquerade ball which should make things easier but [Y/N] ends up dancing with an enemy, they share a kiss while also dancing. In the end [Y/N] gets away but they both gained something that night.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] slipped past the bodyguards guarding the entrance, mask fixed into place over her eyes. 'This is too easy.' She grabbed a glass of wine from a tray that was going by her. She took a sip of the dark liquid, her lips painted a deep red. She was dressed in a [F/C] ball down that was tight at the top and got looser as it went down. 'Where would the vault be..?' She glanced around while also trying to not look suspicious. 'It would probably be somewhere farther into the house.' 

"Would you mind if I danced with you, madam?" 

[Y/N] turned around to see a male in a white tuxedo with a making white and blue mask covering his red-brown eyes. He had a kind smile on his face. 'Might as well have some fun.' She smiled and took his outstretched hand. "That would be lovely, thank you." Her voice went slightly higher along with turning formal. 

He took her to the dance floor as the music started up again. They started to move and glide across the floor, the smiles never leaving their lips. 

"I have never seen you around before, are you new here?" 

"Already asking questions? We haven't even gone on our first date. I don't even know your name." She pouted. 

"I'm Lan Xichen." He offered. 

She smiled. "[Y/N], please do treat me right." 

He spun her outwards then pulled her back close to him. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked, voice hardening. 

She smirked as they danced. Many other couples stopped and stared at the two. They looked so inlove. 

"Really, I was going to steal something..." She trailed off, glancing at his lips suggestively. "But you offered so kindly, I couldn't say no." 

He frowned at her answer. 

The music was slowly coming to a stop. Lan Xichen dipped her downwards, catching her lips with his. [Y/N] froze before gladly kissing him back, placing a hand on his cheek. 

Many people around them started clapping at both their display of kissing and their dancing. They pulled apart and [Y/N] smirked. "I hate to cut this short lover boy but I really must be going~" She purred into his ear. "Till next time." 

[Y/N] waved to him and walked away. He started after her but many people got in his way and by the time he looked over to where he had last seen the [H/C] haired female, she was gone. 

Lan Xichen was disappointed with her leaving. 

[Y/N] threw her heels aside and climbed out the window, standing on the ledge and dropping her mask into the bushes below her. "Lan Xichen..." She smirked, cheeks a rosy color and burning. "I may not have gotten what I wanted tonight.. I did get something better..." Her [E/C] eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight as she made her way down the side of the large house, using the vines and cracks in the building to aid her. 

She rushed off through the yard. Lan Xichen watched her run away from the window in the ballroom. He smiled and couldn't wait to met her again. She was playing a dangerous game with him and he was determined to win. 

[Y/N] found her motorcycle. She shoved the bushes that she used to hide it out of the way and hopped on, throwing her helmet on too. 'I'm so dead...' She laughed at herself in her head. 'But I would do it all over again if it meant I could dance with him again..' 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I LOVE THIS- 

Completed : 8/10/2021