Chapter 49: Take care of it

Jayson POV

Her neck was in front of me. Her scent tempting me to no end. Just a bite. Before my brain could register, my canines grew out to taste her alluring skin.

I grazed instantly drawing some blood. The smell snapped me back to reality and so did she realized that something wasn't normal.

Still on my lap, her head only turned towards me.

"Did you bite me?"

She was looking at her bloodied fingers still astonished. I tried to divert her attention elsewhere but I got caught up with my honesty.

"No, I swear, I scratched you a little before I had time..."

She was going to detest me. I should have lied, she wasn't a wolf.

"Time for what?"

I had nothing to save anymore. Hopefully, she would pardon my blunder.

"Before I had the time to mark you."

Her eyes became smaller as she squinted them. She wasn't understanding the meaning behind my pulsions.

And here I thought Jess taught her everything.

"Don't you know what marking means?"

She moved her head right and left, meaning she had no idea. I tried to show her the spot between her neck and her shoulder but something caught me off guard.

"Where is your wound?"

I was stunned. It might have been a scratch but her skin was open. She too, bewildered, tried to look for the small injury but nothing.

She smiled suspiciously and acted as if it was normal.

"I guess, it was so insignificant that we can't find it."

Bullsh*t. There was one spot that looked sweat as sugar and I posed my elongated teeth in that exact position.

She moved her eyes away from mine as if avoiding me. She knew why. She moved away right after and left my frame.

"I need to tell Kam I'm not going."

She rushed out before I could express my distrust of her conduct. I didn't lean on the subject that the door opened. And my other half wasn't the one honoring me with her presence.

It was Dina again, to Volker's misfortune. He growled in annoyance and asked me to bring back his mate in this instance.

That spoiled beast.

"I saw Serah dash out. Is everything alright?"

As she asked about the well-being of our relationship, she went to my desk.

'Get her out'

'Shut up Volker'

"We're cool."

Her hands bore the weight of her body and so did my desk. Not that I felt my personal space violated but Volker did feel that way. And he shared half of a mind so for our good I had to get her out.

"Jay, I mean, if you were to need anything, I'm here."

'Alpha to you!'

Lovely as ever Volker.

"Dina I need you out of here, I don't need more headaches as needed."

I politely let her know that she wasn't welcomed but she seemed to weirdly relate to my feelings.

"It's still Volker."

She understood quite rapidly. Well, she had time to get acquainted with my inner beast.