Chapter 33: So, It's A Girl

Jayson POV

It was the best thing that happened tonight. Max was here. Goddess pardon me, your gifted mate will always remain my blessing but Max was my buddy. Diaper friends, no one can replace that dork.

"When did they arrive?"

Theo was beside me, he should have been informed before they actually entered the territory. Who the hell messed up?

"I don't know but your dad let them in."

He knew that I wanted to be there to greet them. The dawn was family for us. From generation to generation the ritual was repeated, the young alphas always became best friends.

I could finally see my dad in front of the pack house. With there was Morgan, the previous alpha of the hunter of the dawn but Max was nowhere in sight.

I didn't have to interpellate them that they turned around sensing me.

"Jayson! Boy, you've grown up so much."

Morgan took me in his arms. I was his family, his son.

"Couldn't say the same to you!"

The bulky man in front of me didn't change at all, in the past four years, apart from the lines that started to draw themselves near his eyes. We weren't the only one suffering a loss that year, Morgan lost his mate to a rogue attack. Till then, he never stopped tracking them. Last year he found a rogue pack messing with smaller packs and he knew it was them. They wiped them off. Two hundred of lone wolves died, and among them, children and women weren't spared.

They might have been innocent, we'll never know. Hence, it has been more than four years that I didn't saw them. Max was on the tracking team so there was no way to meet.

"Nor Max! That brat didn't grow an inch till you saw-"

Morgan couldn't finish his sentence and I knew why I could sense it behind me. The wind was blowing my way so the smell was fresh. I didn't have the time to turn around that Max was on my back.

"Jayssi!!"

F*ck that surname.

"Get the hell out off me! And don't call me that! You unchanged dork!"

I finally moved that dirtbag away. What a bother! Actually, I'm really happy to see Max. We shared so many things.

And that's true.

Same short hair, same height and the same amount of muscle; they're actually inexistent.

She didn't change at all.

We parted ways with these alphas and we were finally alone.

"Shall we play?"

That's why I like this girl, there was no one in this earth who'll have the same ideas as her.

Yeah, no one was as weird as her.

"What shall we bet?"

She started thinking out loud, saying this or that.

It was one of our rules. If we play, the winner has his pay and the loser has to pay.

Simple as this.

After thoroughly thinking she came up with an idea.

"Let's do this!"

She whispered in my ear, what we'll play at tonight.

"You didn't grow up, did you? And what about the bet?"

Come on man, I really didn't want to do this. What will I look like to my mate after this?

She led me to him (Werewolf story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें