Chapter 85: All the pleasure was mine

Serah POV

"Don't you take her side! She was the one who told me to treat you like a regular wolf when you attacked Dina, she was the one who whispered to me about the exile.

I wouldn't have made a hasty decision without consulting my parents, I thought I was doing it for the pack and now, she made me make all the wrong choices."

I got up walking on the broken glass making the silent room rasp at my clumsy steps. I saw red at his words.

Dina wasn't behind his words but his mom.

Jenna, one of my only allies here in Red Crescent.

...

"Jay, just get out of here for a while."

His eyes widened at my cold words but being neutral with all his emotions coursing through my body was hard.

At least I'll spare him from saying words he didn't mean and it will protect Jenna from hearing his distasteful words.

His hand clenched into a ball making all the veins from his left forearm pop. If the context wasn't dramatic I'd be charmed by his features but his perfect jaw and the display of muscle could wait for my attention.

Reluctantly, he backed away not without glaring at us.

The loud thud left us speechless, until our female alpha broke down, sobbing with her voice she tried to muffle.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry."

Her tears made her stutter but her apology was made clear.

In my stance, I was lost trying to find the right words and the right action. Should I interrogate the woman, should I console her or should I get mad at her?

There was too much information for my poor brain to process, but everything was proving to me how out of control my life was.

However, my questions could wait for a while, I motioned my way through the broken furniture and pulled my woman out of the mess.

She was seated among the fractured crystal.

Her limbs were out of focus so I needed to be careful enough to not let her stumble on the waste.

The irritating sound was no longer stuck under our shoes but it was the last of our worries.

I made her sit on her armchair at her desk and I crouched at her level meeting the beautiful eyes my mate got from.

"Jenna, I know you did what you thought was right and I believe you'd still act as you did if you were given the chance to. I won't blame you but now with Jay we strained our relationship so badly that- I mean I thought it was over and there was nothing we could do to save it.

Now that I know, we both said things we would never have if it weren't for your influence.

There is no other option than forgiving you but I wished that you relied on us, that you actually believed that we could have managed, and thus, together."

Her apologetic eyes were already forgiven. But I was glad to hear it to be honest, because I needed it, I needed that reason to allow myself to go back in his arms.

"You're right, but Serah, you are children and no parent wants to see you fight a battle you didn't choose, if I could spare you all the bloodshed I would."

I looked down, trying to cheer her up but I won't lie, now that I cooled down, all the questions that I lost in my confusion were back all at once.

"Jenna, just tell me when did you receive the last message?"

Her bloodshot gaze regained its vigor trying to conceal her vulnerable state.

"This morning; just before I called you out."

If the information is correct, we were to expect an attack today. I exhaled in exhaustion and brought my touch to my forehead, soothing the coming headache.

So today I was going to be the prey, well that was what was expected of me, I needed a plan because I won't wait like a good girl if my head was the price.

"Jenna could you bring in the girl, maybe if we could track that wolf-"

"No we can't,the girl won't meet anyone and tracking that odorless wolf would mean that he'd stop burning his waste at the same place."

It was logical but we couldn't wait for things to happen.

"There is still something I could do, waiting is the last thing I would do right now."

Her frail stature left the desk to her book collection, each of them were decorated with golden linings, as well as the letters.

She traced with her fingers the "L" slightly embedded in its cover.

Unfortunately, my view couldn't reach the smaller letters making me illiterate to her search.

I stood there in the middle of this cute office mostly invaded by wood, and temporarily occupied by a glistening lake of diamonds.

Really cheap diamonds that cut and break.

I might as well clean up, as Jenna completely forgot me in her exploration. Without a sound I went out, slowly closing the door behind.

The air outside of the room was different. The unbreathable fog dissipated and finally, I didn't feel like choking on every word.

The window was bright blue leaving a faint place for the orange near the horizon. It was the sky I waited for but I was too early to observe the awesome view.

The corridors were empty leaving my soundless shoes resonate in this immense void. My thoughts drifted automatically towards Jayson, his heart was full of disappointment making mine heavy and uncomfortable.

If only my poor mind could solely focus on my training and my relationship with my mate, my family and ironically my packmates it would be heaven, but I would still find a way to complain.

Now I was being chased by some organized wolf and complaining was a privilege.

'Serah, you can go to your mate, I'll take care of mine.'

The former alpha invited himself in my head and dismissed me nonchalantly. He was neither cold nor warm.

Not that I would expect otherwise.

Jenna did need comfort.

I was mindlessly roaming in the packhouse but I was soon out, my feet hitting the fresh grass.

The morning dew was gently wetting my pants but the cold sensation was cooling the overflow of energy in my body.

My nose was out, hunting down an alluring smell.

Instinctively, I ran towards my already chosen destination, making my hair enjoy the morning breeze.

I could feel my cheeks getting pink and my palms getting warmer.

I stopped.

My feet slided on the humid soil, slightly sinking to the pressure and the speed. My body knew something wasn't right and decided to act on its own accord. To be honest, there was nothing that I could sense as danger.

I closed my eyes, and brought my center of gravity towards the ground. The vibration were odd but the smell of two wolves hit me.

"Here, we meet again Serah."

All the pleasure was mine.

...

This chapter was quiet short so I'll I'll make it longer for next time.

Thank you for following.